Prologue

A LITTLE WAYS INTO THE WOODS a thirteen-year-old girl can be seen training with someone older than her. Right now, the thirteen-year-old is practicing her strength by punching a table that seems to be defying gravity, while the older woman is yelling profanities into her phone.

"What the fuck do you mean I can't put a thirteen-year-old girl into a wrestling match?" she yelled.

The thirteen-year-old girl stops punching the table, and just stares at the older woman. The older women didn't see this and continues to scream into her phone, "No! I was in wrestling matches when I was at the age of seven, so I should be able to put my thirteen-year-old Granddaughter in one."

The thirteen-year-old girl stares long and hard into her Grandmother's eyes, getting ready to speak up, but is silenced by her Grandmother yelling, again, "Well, screw you too! I'll find a better place for my Granddaughter, as your service is shit!"

The older woman's phone fell to her side as she sighed deeply. She closes her eyes, as she is in deep thought about the next place to call. Her Grandmother had already tried ten different places, each ending up in the same predicament.

The older women laid eyes on her granddaughter. Her granddaughter has always been pulchritudinous, as numerous people have told her. She has white hair, while her bangs are as dark as a raven's. Her eyes are white as the stars that light up the sky during nightfall. She had gotten her mother's height genetics, making her 170 centimeters.

The thirteen-year-old gave her Grandmother a weird look. "What? Do I have something on my face?" The little girl asks.

The elder smiles and shakes her head. "Not at all, Dear. Not at all," she says.

The younger one nods, showing her Grandmother a small smile. The thirteen-year-old turns back to the table, lifting her arms up as she's getting ready to punch it once again.

Her fist aligns with the table. One. Two. Three punches in a row, all landing in the same spot. Her Grandmother was nodding, telling her Granddaughter in a silent way that she was doing well. The younger smiles brightly, starting to punch more aggressively to try and break the table.

After a few more punches, the table snaps in half, leaving one side floating and the other resting on top of the dirt. As she winds her hands up for another punch, her Grandmother puts her arm in front of her.

"You're done for today," she says nonchalantly.

The teenager looks at her Grandmother, trying to see if she's joking. On seeing no joking resemblance on her face, she sighs and puts her hands down.

"Go freshen up. Your parents will be here in a few days." The elder says, pointing at a small house a little ways away.

The thirteen-year-old nods as she starts walking back to the house.

~

Walking through the woods, the young teenager smiles at the view. A hummingbird floats over to the girl, seemingly happier in her presence. The girl points her index finger out. Seeing this, the hummingbird lands on top, chirping happily.

"Aren't you a cute one?" The younger says while petting the small bird.

It chirps back at her, making her smile enlarge. The hummingbird fly's off, probably going back to its family. As it flies off towards the sun, it sings its melodic tune.

The girl turns back to the path ahead of her and starts strolling down it once again. 'I need to work on boosting my stamina if I want to be a hero...' she thought.

She smirks to herself as she gets into a starting pose. She counts down.

1

2

..

3.

"Lights out, My Dear..."