She took a deep breath in and out, closing her eyes.

-Flashback-

"Penelope wait!"

Marianna perked up at Percy's voice, turning to where she heard it in the library. But to her surprise she was met with Penelope Clearwater, a fellow Ravenclaw, face to face with her. The short distance between their noses made Marianna uncomfortable.

"Hey Fudge, when will we get to meet your grandfather?" She asked excitedly.

Penelope wasn't a bad person, to be honest Marianna thought she was fun and bubbly and often wished she could be more like her. Yet in this moment, she couldn't be more annoyed with the witch.

"My grandfather? Why?" Marianna questioned.

"Yes the Minister silly! My boyfriend Percy was telling me all about him and how you will get him a job at the ministry?" Penelope gloated.

"Boyfriend?" Marianna asked, feeling her heart grow heavy in her chest.

"Yep, asked me this morning! So when will we meet him? Because if Perce gets a job I want one too, because we are mates and all right?"

"Penelope, she's studying right now... I'm sure she doesn't want to be bothered." Percy said nervously, attempting to pull his girlfriend away from the situation.

"Wait, Fudge was just going to answer me! Right love?" She asked cheerfully, but when she turned back towards Marianna, the girl was already tear stricken.

Percy and Penelope looked at Marianna wide eyed, unsure of what had happened.

"You are a right Prick Percy Weasley!" She yelled at the top of her lungs in the middle of the library.

Her words echoed throughout the walls and every student in the room had their eyes on them. Percy was speechless, feeling rather small with every pair of eyes on them. Marianna left her belongings on the table and pushed through the couple, running from the library while choking back sobs.

Marianna cleared her throat and began her explanation.
"Remember the day you asked Penelope to be your girlfriend?"

Percy had to think back about it, Marianna would be lying if it didn't bring her some small joy seeing how hard it was for Percy to remember his first day with his ex girlfriend.

"The same day you screamed at me in the library?"

"Excuse me, I'm telling this story!" Marianna huffed.

"You asked me a question!"

"Then answer without added commentary!" She yelled back.

"Alright, sorry." Percy noted, putting his hands up in defense and urging her to continue.

"Yes, the day I screamed at you in the library. Penelope came up all close to me, and you know how I don't like people invading my space." Marianna explained.

Percy nodded in agreement, yet he felt he couldn't suppress the smile he had while thinking about how his family and friends show affection to her all the time without her complaining. It meant she was comfortable around them.

"Then she went and talked about my Grandfather..... my stupid fucking Grandfather." Marianna huffed angrily.

Percy hadn't seen this side of her before, she was really truly angry.
"What's wrong with Minister Fudge?"

"Percy, you said no interrupting."

"It's important to the story, I need more information."

Marianna rolled her eyes, but she knew he was right.

"I hate him, he's an awful and terrible man. He's killed innocent Goblins, he is power hungry, not to mention he's physically and emotionally abused my father enough into thinking the same as him. Now I get a mini version of my grandfather as my dad."

"Alright, now explain why Penelope bringing him up is my fault."

"Percy, you are making it hard to stay calm and collected right now." Marianna admitted, annoyed with yet another interruption. Yet she wasn't at all surprised.

He put his hands up in defense again, zipping his mouth like a zipper and pretending to lock his mouth shut.

"My Grabdfather means everything to anything in my life Percy. He controls my life at home, my future, my happiness, whom I'm allowed to speak to, and who wants to speak to me."

She shifted nervously in her seat before continuing. Percy could tell she was getting slightly emotional. He laid his hand gently on her knee for reassurance. To his content, she didn't flinch or pull away, just smiled up at him warmly before taking another deep breath.

"Everyone likes me because of my grandad. They don't like me, they don't want to get to know me, they just want to know someone who is related to someone important. You and Oliver were never like that." She explained. Her eyes watering slightly when she spoke.

"That was until that day..."