"Well," I start. "I think I would-"

"There's more." Teddy interrupts, and I look at him curiously. "You have to tell me now, I'm intrigued."

He laughs at me before continuing. "The problem is, what would you do if you found out your brother went to this girl and told her the only reason he hasn't asked her out yet is because he's a wimp and scared to be rejected, even though he knows she feels the same?"

I look him dead in the eyes and try to process what he just said to me. "Teddy, are you asking me what I would do if my brother told the girl I like the reason why I haven't asked her out? Because... you did that to the girl Mason likes?"

He shrugs his shoulders and balances himself on his stick. "Um, maybe...?"

"Oh Teddy." I say as I facepalm. "You better hope he doesn't find out."

"You're telling me." he responds, shaking his head. "That'll make for one awkward dorm room."

"I forgot you guys room together." I'm able to get out through my laughter. "Good luck dude."

Warmups are almost over, so I skate back over to the bench and sit with Goldberg until the buzzer goes off. Once the national anthem has played and the starting lineups take the ice, things really start to feel normal again.

As soon as I hop onto the ice for my first shift, I definitely feel better. With the wind hitting my face as I sprint down the rink, I feel more alive than ever.

After a quick defensive breakdown, Guy sends me a perfect feed that gives me a clear breakaway. I quickly think about not trying the triple deke because of last time. At the last second, I decide to go for it.

One...

Two...

Three...

And in it goes.

What a picture perfect shot.

The crowd goes wild and I feed into the energy they're giving, jumping against the boards in celebration. I never want this moment to end.

The next two periods are just as successful, with our final victory being five-two. Besides me, Adam scored a hat trick, and Guy scored his first of the season. Look at the roommates getting the job done.

Since our game is over by five-thirty, we decide to go out to dinner as a team to celebrate. Orion treats us all to food at the Minnesota Club, and you bet I get steak. Pair that with sauce and a bunch of sides, and boom. You have Charlie Conway's perfect meal.

After dinner, I am completely exhausted. When Guy, Adam, and I get back to the dorm room, I pull the captain card and claim the shower first. They try to complain, but I always win.

Once I'm in sweats, I do some homework until my friends are finished showering, so we can continue our ongoing NHL tournament on the xbox Adam brought for the room.

The kid casually has two xboxes.

Anyway, we play way later than we should, because it's already after midnight by the time I finally get off the couch and go to my bed. I realize that I haven't checked my social media all day, and log into Instagram. I'm confused by all of the notifications the app says I have, so I click on them and my heart drops with what I see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

liked by abanks99, guygermaine00, dean21portman, and 2,976 others👤tagged: yousadieross: one year with my best friend! i love you more than you'll ever know charlie logan

👤tagged: you
sadieross: one year with my best friend! i love you more than you'll ever know charlie logan. us forever💖
~comments~
morganraeandersen: it's okay i'm fine i'm not crying
ella.walker: cuties
theavermeister: 1 less year till you're Mrs. Conway!
———sadieross: averman ily
———theavermeister: watch out @cconway96
abanks99: happy anniversary guys love you both
faith.kennedy: adorable happy anniversary xoxo
goldbergthegoalieofficial: Happy anniversary I love you more than Charlie (don't tell him)
———sadieross: LOL i won't🫢
l_mendoza: happy anniversary guys!
rtyler56: my people!
cowboydrobertson: Happy anniversary partner so glad we met!
guygermaine00: happy anniversary wooooo
fulton_reed44: Happy anniversary!
julesgaffney: Happy anniversary cuties!!
conniemoreau_: happy anniversary guys ily both sm
dean21portman: this is too much cuteness for me
kennywu: happy anniversary guys!
calliemiller: MY HEART I MISS YOU SADE HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PRETTY GIRL (& charlie too)
maya_kaufmann: aw happy anniversary💞
blayke.sheridan: so cute happy anniversary!
kyla_williams: aww adorable happy anniversary
~view 386 more~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I forgot. And I promised I wouldn't.

I am such an asshole.

**a/n**

hiiii okay so i'm sorry these past few chapters have highkey sucked i was just trying to write some fillers before i get to the drama (next chapter hehehehe) but yeah updates might slow down bc i have a LOT of hw and i'm going on vacation soon so that might add onto it but i'm going to try and update as much as i can! that's it for now byeeee <3