Still, that didn't make her any more excited to do it.

Today was the day that they would kiss. Much to her dismay.

She still had until after lunch, at least.

As soon as she finished her song, it was time for the Gaston number, so Mya was able to take a little break.

"Mya, may I speak with you?" Deuce asked quietly.

The girl nodded and the two exited the theatre, careful not to disturb the performers onstage.

As soon as they exited, Deuce sighed.

"I can tell that you don't want us to kiss," Deuce started.

Mya tensed at his words. She felt bad, honestly. If Deuce was her soulmate, she would feel horrible if her soulmate didn't want to kiss her.

"I understand, don't worry," Deuce reassured her. "I figured that as long we kiss for the actual show, Mrs. Park won't care. So I figured that we can just fake kissing until then.

Mya threw her arms around Deuce, relieved.

"Thank you," she whispered. "You have no idea how much stress that takes off of me."

Deuce just smiled at her. "It's okay! I get it, don't worry. But we do have to practice how we're going to 'not kiss'".

Mya nodded. "How do we do that?"

Deuce thought about it for a moment.

"I'll be on the ground so... if you can get your hair to fall in the right direction, it could block it from happening," he said.
"Then let's try!"

Deuce laid down and Mya gently leaned over him and she brought their faces close together and then used her hand to cup his cheek. And then let her hair fall to the side so it blocked the audience's view.

"Perfect!"

The two stood back up and Deuce smiled at her.

"Thank you for understanding," Mya said, standing up straight.
"No, I get it. I dropped a huge bombshell on you last week. It's not fair for me to assume that you'd readily accept me as your soulmate."

Mya pulled Deuce into a hug, taking a deep breath. She still didn't want to acknowledge the fact that his words could be true, but she had to make up her mind on whether or not she was really going to try falling for him. Because if she was being honest with herself, she was still falling for Jeongin.

❛ ━━・❪ 📖 ❫ ・━━ ❜

"So you now have six days to confess to Mya," Seungmin said slowly.
"Mhm."
"Well, I hate to say it, but this is gonna be rough."

Jeongin just groaned and flopped back onto their couch.

"Love is confusing," he whined. "I don't understand why we have to live in a world where we have designated soulmates and if we don't find them, we're sentenced to a life of unhappiness."

Seungmin smiled at him sadly, putting his arm around their youngest member.

"All of us will try and help you, Jeongin. We'll talk to Mya and see. But you're going to confess in six days regardless, because there's no point in you not even trying."

Jeongin nodded in agreement.

"...you're gonna wait until the very last day to confess, aren't you?"

Jeongin just nodded again.

Seungmin just sighed, but he couldn't argue with the logic. He wasn't even the one to confess, after all.

"I really don't think that Deuce is Mya's soulmate," Seungmin said. "But still, he must have a reasoning behind saying that."
"I mean, Mya's understudy lied about me being her soulmate," Jeongin shrugged.
"I'm sorry, what?!"

Seungmin sat up straight, confused.

"Tell me more!"

❛ ━━・❪ 📖 ❫ ・━━ ❜

"Please... please don't die," Mya whispered.

They finally made it to the last scene and Mya's heart was racing.

She hoped that their fake kiss plan would work out.

So when she finally leaned down, she let her hair fall in the way and got so close that it looked like they kissed.

So when she pulled back and the cast continued to act, she realized that they pulled it off.

Until of course, the scene was over and it was time for director's notes.

"Mya, Deuce. What was that fake kiss?" Mrs. Park asked, raising her eyebrow.
"Uhm..." Mya hesitated.
"Mya, I understand if you don't want to kiss him, but do it for the sake of the show! Please! If you really can't do it, then we'll ask Barbara to step in for the role."

Mrs. Park sighed and called Barbara up.

"Let's do the last scene. Barbara, Deuce, you two are going to kiss each other."

And Mya watched as her role was slowly starting to slip from her hands.

It seemed that everything she wanted to hold onto was slowly managing to get away from her.

.·:*¨༺ ❤︎ ༻¨*:·.
𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬

What happens now?

Q: Have you read Riley's book, Blue Moon?
A: Of course! If not, go read it now!!!

Bye all!!!