Chapter 51

We all sat around a huge table because everyone wanted to converse with Senator Cantabria. As if they already knew that he was going to win.

"When are you two getting married?" an old woman asked Andres and me and everyone turned their attention to us except for one person who was on his phone smiling like an idiot.

"We're getting married on June 20 this year," I said and leaned on Andres.

"Isn't that too soon?" one of them asked again.

I shook my head and smiled widely. "We are just waiting for the election to be done. We were really planning on getting married as soon as possible but June 20 is the perfect date for us."

"What's with the rush?" another person asked with a different tone like she was implying something.

I glanced at Andres and secretly nudged him so he could answer that for us.

"Callie isn't pregnant, we just really want to start spending our days together," Andres said and smiled. "Though it would be great to have kids immediately."

I just smiled while my heart raced at his last sentence... We haven't talked about kids.

And I don't think I'm ready for that...

I don't think I'll ever be ready after what happened before.

"Andres and I just really want to start our forever and I'm sure you'll understand me when I say that when you meet the right person you wouldn't want to let them go." I glanced at Andres. "He's amazing, he's great, he always has my back, he's my best friend, and he's the best boyfriend anyone could ever have so why will we take the time when we're both so sure about this? I always wanted something like what my parents have and I saw it and felt it with Andres."

Andres wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed my temple while the older people around the table all complimented us for being a wholesome couple.

Senator Cantabria chuckled. "These two are so into each other so we cannot wait for their wedding as well, right, Leon?"

Dad nodded. "Yes, although it pains me to see my daughter get married I also love seeing her happy with Andres."

I glanced at my ex... He has a blank expression while eating. He turned to Olivia because Olivia called him and they started conversing and laughing with each other.

"How about you two?" the old woman said while looking at Olivia and Matt. "Kailan kayo magpapakasal?"

Olivia's lips parted in shock. "Wait—"

"Ayaw pa po niya, eh," he answered with a playful smile, his voice became deeper and it also became more mature. "Paano ko po kaya siya mapapapayag?"