Chapter 11

I was so bothered with the thought that Matty was hanging out with that Stella girl because she's one of those people who hate my dad and his colleagues.

She might brainwash Matt into hating my dad and later on, me because they're that hateful. I trust that Matt will always defend me but it still scares me.

I checked Matt's Facebook profile to check if he had any tagged photos from Stella because I know that she will post the photos. I know that I am always right, but I also hated that I was right this time.

I scrolled through the tagged photos and Matt was really there. He was sitting with Stella and it seemed like they were talking because Matt was looking intently at her.

Is Matt enjoying their company more than being with me? What could he possibly see in those people that he couldn't see in me?

I exited Facebook and threw my phone at the side of my bed. I should have just chosen a day with Matt instead of choosing to play golf with dad's colleagues.

I should have just spent my time knowing how to play football to help Matt train instead of playing golf.

Gosh! I spent my day trying to learn how to play golf for people that no matter how hard I try I will always be second. At least with Matt, I was always the priority.

"What took you so long?" I asked Matt when he arrived at my house. It was already 10 in the evening, I doubt that their school let them stay there until nighttime.

"Nag-aya pa kasi sila Julian na mag-gig kami sa AV Garden dahil open mic night daw." He smiled and suddenly all my pagtatampo disappeared.

"Ang tagal mo." I pouted. "Kanina pa ako nakauwi tapos ikaw ang tagal mo umuwi."

He yawned and his eyes looked sleepy and tired. "Nandito na nga ako," he said softly. "Anong nangyari sa araw mo?"

"Are you tired na?" I asked him and caressed his hair as I looked at his tired face, I didn't want to throw a fit anymore because I didn't want to stress him out. "Wala ka namang gagawin tomorrow, diba? Ituloy na natin 'yong plans natin. For now, umuwi ka na and mag-sleep."

I actually wanted him to stay but I wanted him to see that I was better than his other friends. That I don't waste his time. Ella said that she doesn't smother guys, maybe I shouldn't smother Matt, too.

He nodded. "Babawi ako bukas, Cat."

I grinned. "Okay! I can't wait."

I bid Matt goodbye and watched him walk away until I couldn't see him anymore. I sighed and went back to my room.

The next day, true to Matt's words, he really went to my house after breakfast to hang out with me but he brought his things for school and his laptop.

We stayed under the garden gazebo because I wanted to enjoy the breeze that was coming from the trees.