Chapter 2

"Good morning, Miss Callie," mom's secretary greeted me.

I'm at the Montagne Building in Makati. I'm just visiting my mom and I wanted to check on how the company is doing.

"Is my mom inside?" I asked her.

"Wala po si Madam Camila, Miss Callie, may meeting po sila ngayon. Babalik po siya mamayang 11."

I looked at my wristwatch and it was 9AM. I just nodded and left. Ang tagal pa at wala rin naman akong gagawin kung magse-stay lang ako sa office ni mommy.

I made my way to my grandpa's office, he's probably there. He's a workaholic and he'll do anything to stay at the top of the business world in the Philippines.

"Hunter! You have to focus on this! Have you seen what the Fiorentinos are doing with their heiress? She's already studying their business while you're here studying robots and playing basketball! You're also picking fights with politicians and other businessmen! Those things won't help you! What you need is to get a CPA, study law, and create connections!" I heard the booming voice of my grandfather. "That little girl will defeat you if you don't do something right now!"

I was at one end of the hall and his office was at the other end. He must be furious at Hunter right now to shout like that. I ran to his office to check what was happening.

The door of grandfather's office was open so I peeped inside and I saw him sitting on his office chair. His nostrils were flaring and he was glaring at Hunter who was standing in front of him.

Hunter scoffed. "Can you stop obsessing over the Fiorentinos? And why would I care about them? Their heiress is basically just a little puppet who does what she's told. No character, no personality."

Hunter stormed off so I had to hide behind the couch so I wouldn't get caught eavesdropping on their conversation.

"If you want the Montagne empire so bad, be a puppet," Hunter said and looked at me with his lazy eyes before heading to his office.

I was too stunned to speak but I went on with my plan. I also have to know how great Fiorentino's heiress is.

"Good morning, grandpa!" I greeted grandpa as I entered his office.

Grandpa was massaging his temples and he looked at me. "Ah, it's you Catria, what do you need?"

"Are you okay, grandpa?" I asked with a worried tone even though I already know what happened. I went to his small pantry and got him a glass of water.

"Thank you, Catria," grandpa said when I handed him the glass. "Whiskey would have been better."

"Is everything alright?" I asked him again.

"As you know, Hunter is the sole heir to everything I own. Businesses, real estates, money, everything is already named after him." Grandpa sighed.