"South Carolina, did not like the fact that there might be a president that didn't represent them in office," Suit man was back, but he looked exasperated, "But funnily enough, they didn't even put him on the ballots in some states. It's mighty hypocritical of them to claim that when they didn't give him a chance."

"So what did they do? Simple, the southern slaves thought," and on screen, South Carolina was no longer the same color as the Union, "Just secede." Orchid and a few other operators native to Columbia choked on air. The Victorians crossed their arms, "That's going to be the Columbian Union at some point, watch," dared Skyfire, crossing her legs as well, watching the screen.

"More states began to join, a big one being the State of..." Don't say it, a certain. Operator said, silently in her head, "Texas." Damnit. Operators near her looked at the state's name and then her, the operator, in shock. Ramirez sucked in air, "Awh hell, sorry you had to hear that."

Texas waved him off, just sticking more pocky than normal in her mouth, "No no... its fine"

"The Southern States decried for States rights," a few Columbians rolled at that, "and the United States didn't do anything because unfortunately, James Buchanan, the president just before Lincoln being officially seated in, couldn't do anything."

"Well.. that sucks," was the only thing Lappland could say, "But why couldn't they do anything?" Exusiai, turning to her, decided to give her a little mini lesson. "Because with the way American Politics work compared to us, Presidents can't do anything for a period of time due to them technically being there to help 'Transfer' the new president into his position."

Ramirez, eyes widening, turned to her, "Well damn Exusiai, you've been studying your history haven't you?" The little Sankta blushes, rubbing the back of her head. Their attention back on the screen when a cannon fired.

"Fort Sumter," the fort began to show up on screen, one of the smaller screens showing its location, "The fort had refused to break with the Union when the south did. By all intents and purposes, it was in Union hands."

The scene changed to the coast near the fort, "The South wanted the fort to surrender, and yet, they didn't" He heard somebody suck in air behind him. Ramirez didn't bother to look, But from what I can probably tell, Dobermann.

"And so, the Confederacy had made the decision to put some cannons on the outside of the Fort," A real life recreation of the event was shown again. Confederate soldiers pushing the cannons into place after unhitching them from Horses. "And with it, a countdown began."

"The only casualty being some walls and a confederate horse. So insignificant, and yet..." the map panned out, the borders of the CSA forming with the border states finally choosing a side, "It ignited a war that tested the resolve of the United States." The borders were now on fire.The operators who have yet to see a civil war, now got to see one.

"Brothers against brothers, sisters against sisters..." Ramirez muttered, Exusiai and the Lupos behind him heard his little comment. Lappland moves to tap him on the shoulder, Ramirez looking at her, "Isn't it a horrible thing?"

"The North had significant advantages against the South. They were industrialized," A factory was shown blowing smoke and people with crates began to come out, "Had most of the big population centers, and had a lot of infrastructure to work with." Emperor crossed his arms and listened.

"The south didn't have these advantages, however, unlike the north, they had much better tactical leadership," The 2 Dokutahs winced. "Which is why the war went as long as it did."