35k! : I Just Don't Get It

Zacznij od początku

At that moment, she was about to go search for them there. But a cold hand grasped her wrist. It felt like the hand was touching a freezer before. She jumped slightly, yelping.

"Hey! We've been looking all over for you!" She recognized that voice! The girl turned around and faced Oliver. He had a cheeky smile on his face. "What are you so curious about to run off like that, anyways?"

He laughed slightly, before turning and dragging the girl away from the dining room. Not waiting for her response.  It was crazy how different Oliver and Caz are. Caz probably would've scolded her but Oliver herded her through the crowd, speaking about what was on his mind.

"It's been a while, eh?" The girl nodded, though it's only been last week since they saw each other. She thought about the fight they had last time, hopefully they made it up with each other. The two boys really seemed like good friends.

"Caz has been worried sick about you lately, wanting to see you again and all that." (Y/n) smiled, though she just met Caz last week, he seemed to care for her a lot.

She glanced down at the pale hand grasping hers. It felt cool and tingly, like Oliver dipped them in snow. She wondered if he felt chilly in this building. Though, it doesn't get cold that much here, maybe in the winter, but winter is not here yet.

"Where are we going?" The girl asked him before glancing around. Her surroundings had changed again.

Everything looked better and brighter. The kids around her were not ones she recognized, and the animatronics voices were louder. The chairs and tables looked clean and shiny. She noted that the air felt... weird.

"We're going to see our friends, of course! Didn't I tell you?"

She shook her head. The boy let go of her hand, they were a few feet away from the stage. Surprisingly there was less of a crowd around it, so they could move freely. Oliver frowned slightly, before ruffling her hair with a sigh.

Again, his hands were awfully cold that she flinched from the contact on her scalp. If the boy saw this, he didn't seem to acknowledge it.

"Always curious about the world..." Oliver said a little quieter, a fond smile pulled at his lips. The girl didn't know what he meant. "You're always distracted when we say something, and sometimes, you forget what we say."

The girl pouted, fixing her frazzled hair as he laughed. Oliver glanced around the room, as if looking for someone.
Maybe Caz? Suddenly, (Y/n) found her eyes trailing to the hallway, she felt like something was stalking her, goosebumps trailed up her arms..

It was the type of feeling you get after you watch something scary. And you're alone in the dark for what feels like the first time.

Through the large crowd of children playing in pirates cove, the parents eating pizza while scolding their misbehaving infants, and the tired employees sweeping the floors and tables, the girl caught sight of a looming figure.

It stood out like a sore thumb but no one paid any mind to it. It was an animatronic, one she swore she had never seen before. It had golden fur that looked slightly worn-out and dusty in some places. A dark and faded purple bow tie was tied around its neck.

It had two ears that perked in the air, a large stature, humongous paws, and a gaping smile that pulled at its lips. It stood menacingly in the hallway entrance, flanked by shadows. Its golden fur gleamed slightly in the dim light.

Children, adults, and employees passed by it. None even batted an eye at the strange animatronic, and it didn't look at them. It seemed to be staring straight at her and Oliver. The girl shuddered, her eyes narrowed warily.