Chapter 9: Big bad wolf

Start from the beginning

She was surrounded by sixteen other beastmen. Lara sat down elegantly on top of a wolf, while the others began massaging her feet and kissing her hands. They began praising and flattering her undyingly.

Observing her from afar, he felt a menacing presence from behind. It was "him" the beastmen who was accepted to becoming Lara's male. If he wasn't here, he himself would be Lara's male right at this very moment. She chose him as he was a handsome and strong double mark beastmen. Unlike him, who was only a single mark beastmen with ugly scars from all the duels he fought for her.

The beastman from behind choked his throat threatening him to stay away from his mate. He growled at him while trying to escape his grasp. In the last attempt, he swiftly slashed deep into the beastmen's face thus letting him go. The beastmen howled in agony as he fell down to the ground.

However, as soon as the beastmen fell to the ground, he was forcefully grabbed by two other beastmen dragging him to her. Making him kneel before her as she sat at the top.

" Hmph! It's you again, why do you keep bothering me! " Lara said in disgust, cross her arms together.

"You're so weak and pathetic! Who would even want you " She said laughing afterwards in a haughty voice.

He who was still kneeling down on the ground listening to her nasty remarks about him, began trembling in fear as it pierced deeper into his heart.

" Beat him up! he useless"

(Twitter: ajartkf44/jinx)

Once she said that, everything began to shatter inside of him. He stood there frozen, unable to move an inch. The beastmen surrounding her began taking turns beating him over and over again. He soon closes his eyes as it becomes darker.

"Let's go! " she yelled

That was all he heard from her as he laid there badly bruised. They soon left the forest, leaving him to die on his own.

Meanwhile..

"WHAT?! What do you mean you're out of cabbages?!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THIS CAN'T BE TRUE?! "

A hand crept up behind her shoulder giving her a light tap. She turned her head up to see Sebastian hovering behind her. Sebastian leaned closer to Maxine

" We can look for them in another stall, there are still more shops to explore" he whispered, pointing to the various stalls around them as they were many scattered all over the mountain.

She sighed knowing that it would be exhausting looking through stall to stall for a single cabbage.  When she was about to rely, in the corner of her eye she saw it..

"Cab- bages " she bizarrely whispered

Sebastian looked at her confused as to what she whispered close to him. Was it a hidden code? Message? Cab.. bags?.., he thought, trying to figure out the meaning behind her words. He repeated the words over and over.