Chapter 10 - A Ghost And A Face

A/N: Wow 10 chapters! I'm glad you are enjoying this story, I am really having fun writing it. This chapter is going to be special in order to celebrate 10 chapters so far so I hope you enjoy! (this is almost my longest chapter yet)

Michael had a habit of disappearing for periods of time, but he seemed to always find his way back to you. When he was gone, you'd patiently wait for him to return each time. You somewhat hated yourself for growing this attachment, but you couldn't help yourself.

This time, however, was different.

He hadn't come back around in 3 weeks, and you were a little worried, a little sad, a little of everything. You constantly checked the news to see if he was caught or something, but nothing showed up. Every other evening or so, you'd gaze out the window in hopes of seeing him, but you knew he was stealthy so you wouldn't see him even if you were purposely looking for him.

While he was away, a new string of murders took the news, everyone was pointing to Michael, but something was different about these murders. They were very messy and there were signs of wild chases which is unlike Michael. He usually doesn't chase, he's quick and silent and not messy.

Some people did theorize that there was a new killer, but the cops just wouldn't listen. You had a gut feeling that it wasn't Michael, and you were anxious. You wished Michael would come back to give a sense of security.

The day was slow. You didn't have work and your mind was clouded with these new murders. A part of you wanted to think it was Michael and he was just trying something new, but your mind challenged you.

You had the backdoor open and you stood in the doorway, looking around the backside of your house, as you did a couple times before. The sun had set not too long ago, and you felt a little anxious. You sighed after coming to terms you would probably not see him tonight and so you turned to enter the house and get ready for bed.

As you entered the house, you closed the door securely behind you and headed out of the kitchen. Suddenly your phone began to ring, and you jumped slightly. You sighed and rolled your eyes a bit. It had been a while since you got a random call from a random number, but usually it was some kid who wanted to "prank" you. You cleared your throat and answered it.

"Hello?" you said, just waiting for the line to be delivered, but this line was a little different than usual.

"Do you like scary movies?"

You've never heard this kind of joke before, but whatever, you might as well play along. "Yes I do" you replied, smiling to yourself with amusement. "What kind of scary movies?" the voice said. He seemed to be older than any kid you've gotten a call from, you silently wondered if this guy had anything better to do.

"Hmm I can't pick, there's too many good ones" you said. You did like the horror movies, but you couldn't pick a favorite, the guy on the phone didn't seem to like this. "Oh, come on, just pick one. It cant be that hard" he said, you rolled your eyes "look kid, I've gotten plenty of prank calls and honestly this one isn't a good one, so I'm just gonn-" before you could finish your statement, the man suddenly snapped at you. "Don't you dare hang up the fucking phone!"

You paused for a moment. He sounded serious which was scary. "Um excuse me?" you said, a little flabbergasted. "Hang up the phone and ill have to gut you" he sneered. You almost laughed at him but held it back. "Oh, please kid, you aren't scaring me, I live in the Myers house for fucks sake, I've heard it all" you said with sass.

"Ah I knew you looked familiar"

Your blood ran cold for a moment. Looked? What did he mean by that. You instinctively looked around, but before you could reply, the man spoke again