Enemies? - K. HR x Reader

Start from the beginning

- Haerin POV -

I walked into the practice room to find that y/n-ssi had really just given up.

I walked around the Hybe Building to see if y/n-ssi had even showed up today just to find them playing soccer with Jo-ssi out in the lawn.

I was gonna scold them when I decided I didn't want a headache so early in the morning.

I'd hate to admit it but y/n-ssi was one of my biggest motivations. They were good at everything. They danced well, sang well, spoke good English, was good at sports, and was a good flirt without needing any classes.

I practiced for a few hours but couldn't concentrate, so I decided to go eat lunch.

I grabbed my lunch and noticed y/n-ssi was eating lunch too.... with Jo.

"Are they like dating or something?" I asked myself.

I felt my blood start to boil for some reason but shook it off.

"Haerin-ssi, why don't you seat and eat with us!" Jo-ssi yelled from across the dining hall.

I approached and sat with them... not really feeling comfortable.

"So, Haerin-ssi.... I told daepyonim that I don't feel ready to debut just yet. So you'll be debuting with Newjeans as long as I become your backup dancer," Y/n-ssi told me.

I scoffed at her remark.

"It's no fun when you just let me win," I told them.

Y/n-ssi just furrowed their brows at me.

- Y/N POV -

Haerin-ssi was acting weird lately. You'd think she'd be happy about debuting but instead she just keeps on complaining about how it was too easy.

After lunch, Haerin-ssi joined me and Jo at the gym.

"You two spend a lot of time together. Are you dating or something?" She randomly asked.

Me and Jo looked at each other for a second before we started cracking the hell up.

"Please! HAHHAHAHA!" I told her laughing my ass off.

"Her!? Date me?!" Jo said not being able to stop laughing.

"Pleeeasseee, I'm gay!" I told Haerin-ssi without thinking.

She suddenly turned and started walking away.

"Crap!" I thought to myself as I realized I just told her one of my biggest secrets.

I ran after her and grabbed her wrist.

"Haerin-ssi, I didn't mean to-" I tried to speak but she snatched her wrist from me.

"Let's go practice the choreo. Stop hanging out with him," She said coldly not even turning to look at me.

I was too scared to refused and just followed her to the dance studio.

Haerin-ssi didn't even bother to look at me as we practiced the dance.

"Why is she acting like this? What is she even thinking?" I asked myself as I watched her dance.

Jo suddenly burst in through the door.

"Let's go! I need a rematch from last night game!" He yelled.

Haerin-ssi then got in front of me and told Jo.... "She's busy."

"Umm, but it's late and I wanna go play basketball" I told her but got no reply.

Jo chuckled a bit and I could see in his smirk that he wanted to push her buttons.

"Do you owe her or something?" He started.

"No, but she shouldn't be wasting all her time with you" Haerin-ssi replied.

"Jealous much?" He said crossing his arms.

"So what if I am," Haerin-ssi replied crossing her arms as well.

"What?" I whispered to myself.

"Can I go now?" I asked interrupting them.

"No, you've wasted enough time. Now go back to practicing!" Haerin-ssi said sternly.

"Told you! She totally likes you!" Jo instigated then left the practice room.

"For the record, I don't like you!" Haerin-ssi randomly yelled.

"I didn't say you did," I told her going back to stretching a little.

"But can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure," She replied.

"Why do you hate me? You're nice to everyone but me," I told her.

"I don't hate you," She answered me.

"You literally fight me on everything. You're so nice and sweet to everyone but me," I replied raising an eyebrow at me.

"I'm not fighting with you. I am trying to get you to work harder. You deserve to debut more than anybody. You're much better than any of the other trainees. There's nothing wrong with pushing you a little," She answered me making me a bit confused.

"So I've hated you this whole time for no reason?" I asked her.

"You hate me?" She asked looking a little uupset.

"What? No, well- I... no I don't really hate you... I just hate the way you push me," I answered her.

Suddenly, Jo burst through the door again.

"So, you ready to go now?" He yelled.

"Yup!" I answered and grabbed my things.

Haerin-ssi then grabbed my wrist and stopped me from leaving.

"Can you just not spend an evening with him and help me practice? Please?" She asked.

"Why does she sound jealous?" I asked myself.

"Okay, sure" I said nodding.

Jo started laughing and then teased her, "Jealous much?"

"Yes, I Am! Now Can You Please Leave!!" Haerin-ssi then randomly yelled.

I looked at Jo a bit shocked and he winked at me making his way out the room.

"I- I- I didn't m-" Haerin-ssi was about to speak when I abruptly pressed my lips on hers.

I froze when she suddenly cupped my face and kissed back.

I held her hips and pulled her close.

We pulled away smiling at each other and then quickly stepped away, realizing we had just kissed.

"I- I- I'm sorry," I told her.

"I lied," She randomly said.

"Huh?" I responded being a bit confused.

"I do like you.... and that's why I'm so hard on you... I don't wanna leave you behind," She said looking down on the floor.

"So this whole time, instead of accepting my feeling for you.... I forced myself to be your enemy for no reason....?" I told her.

"You have feelings for me?" Haerin-ssi asked with sparkles in her eyes.

"Mhm, I've liked you since the first week I met you!" I answered her nervously laughing as I scratched the nape of my neck.

"Me too!" She exclaimed.

"So, should we keep practicing or ummm do you wanna kiss some more?" I asked her trying to get her flustered.

She cutely giggled and answered, "Let's practiced. We can kiss later!"

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
-