It hadn't even struck 5am yet and I was already being driven to work by my chauffeur

It hadn't even struck 5am yet and I was already being driven to work by my chauffeur. My day was packed, and I was completely booked. I had an entire long list of people, mainly women in their early twenties to mid-thirties, who I had to interview who had applied to be my assistant. Since my previous one was fired, I hadn't bothered to find a new one until now, since all my work was piling up and I couldn't possibly do this on my own. All of this wouldn't have been happening if my former assistant hadn't accused me of having an inappropriate relationship with her, all while having a "wife and 2 children at home" just because I refused to give her a raise. That was completely bullshit yet almost everyone had believed it. I groaned thinking about it. The fact that my company had fallen down to almost nothing just because of a rumor still upsets me to this day.

To distract myself, I took my phone out of my side pocket. I mindlessly opened Instagram, proceeding to scroll through my feed. There was nothing that interested me; I saw the usual food, traveling vlogs and it all bored me until I came across a post made 12 hours ago.

She looked like a fucking goddess. Her brown skin complimented her mesmerizing dark eyes, her pretty smile that made my heart skip a few beats(even though it wasn't directed towards me). Although I have little knowledge on makeup, the little amount she appeared to have on suited her quite well along with the white dress and the black jacket with the diamond necklace and earrings she wore. The way I was so stuck on admiring her through that one picture, I hadn't noticed there were other pictures attached. The second picture was similar to the first but her smile was instead in an adorable pout. The last picture displayed her entire outfit, with her posing and smiling. Before I could even think, my chauffeur had interrupted my thoughts notifying that we had arrived.

"Thank you." I stated.

I shoved my phone into my back pocket, opening the car door exiting. As soon as I left the car, the chauffeur had immediately driven off, the car disappearing into the distance. I placed my hands in my side pockets, entering the building.

As soon as I had entered, I received my daily greeting from my receptionist, Gloria.

"Good morning, sir." she smiled at me, removing her eyes from her laptop screen for a quick second to greet me, then returned back to it, continuing typing.

"Good morning, Gloria. Do you have the files I requested?"

"Uhm... yes! They're somewhere around here." She said, rummaging through a shit ton of files surrounding her.

"Here we are." she handed the files I asked for. "Oh, and here are the resumes for the interviewees later today."

"What would I do without you Gloria?" she giggled, returning back to work. I moved from the receptionist desk and made my way to the elevator, tapping my feet against the marble floor waiting impatiently.

After a few seconds, the elevator had finally opened up, allowing me to finally enter. As I entered, I pressed the top left button which leads me to my office.