Chapter 2- Raising a Sparkling in Kaon

-A few weeks later-

When one decided to have kids they prepare themselves mentally Even when you're adopting one you are preparing yourself mentally.

For Melody this was not the case, she wasn't even thinking of having a sparkling. Not even them in general, finding that it would be better not to bring them into a world like this. Plus all the available bots are really- just the meanest one can meet. So far so good though, at first it was hard since she had to go and beg in the streets of Iacon to help her feed Vira. Never doing this before but eventually a beautiful light blue armored feme with gold accents to the paint and shiny silver skin helped her out. Looking extremely rich with all the jewels she carried with her and even the silky soft cape that clung to her shoulders.

Melody was so thankful for that femme named Swiftstar, Vira had sparkling food to last about a year. Yes, that femme was that generous and very rich, to not care how much she wasted. If it had not been for her maybe Vira would be starving by now. Still, this was energon meant for Vira so she made sure to ration it for Vira so it will last them for about another year if they keep up with the routine they already have. melody never dared take a single drop of what was rightfully Viras and had to take some energon runs to the nearby dumpsters to find some energon for herself. If she was lucky some restaurants threw away some cubes of energon and she always managed to get at least 5 low-grade energon from the dumpster there.

At the moment she was enjoying some time with Vira, making some faces to the sparkling as Vira squealed and laughed happily. Melody smiled softly and was glad she made this choice. There may be difficulties and roadblocks ahead but the two can get through it together.

Bang!

A blaster shot was heard outside and before Melody could try to calm down Vira the poor sparkling started to cry out of fear and fright. Hating the sound of those blasters, frightened out of her processor. Melody tried to calm Vira down as she approached her and held her close in her arms as Vira buried her helm into her chest. Crying softly into her chest as Melody started to hum a sweet tune. Vira looked at her carrier with a tilted helm in wonder. Melody chuckled at the sparkling innocent big right light blue optics.

"I learned it from my Carrier who learned it from her carrier who learned it from her carrier, and one day my little Vira. Your gonna teach it to your Sparklings." Melody said gently as she started to hum again the sweet tune as Vira seemed entranced by it. Yet before Melody actually got to sing it, the front door was pounded on as Vira got frightened again Melody tried to calm her down and soon got up and left Vira there. Going to the door and barely reaching but she opened the door anyways.

"Go away-" Melody said before suddenly the door was forced open as two mechs barged in, one of them had dark blue armor with black and yellow optics. Who proceeded to grab Melody by the neck cables, a sharp glare as he pointed a blaster at her chest. The other mech was black with scarlet red armor with green optics who looked around before spotting little Vira who looked up at the bigger mech with fear.

"Where is the energon you pesky little minibot," The mech holding Melody said as Melody was gripping onto the arm of the mech to try to get him away from her but to no avail. This only made the mech tighten his grip as melody winced in pain at the pressure as she struggled more. "Im not telling you scrap!" Melody said as the mech glared sharply, about to hit her with the blaster in the other servo.

"Hey Hijack! Look at what we got here. Pretty little thing ain't it?" The other mech said and suddenly Picked up Vira who let out a cry of fear. "Indeed it is Strife, maybe good enough to make this minibot talk" 'Hijack' said as Strife grinned a bit. Soon grabbing one of viras arms and he started to pull on it as Vira whimpered and tried to make him stop as she struggled in his grip whimpering even more.