"I've been working for your father for years now, you know that? I've heard him talk endlessly about what he wants you to be a part of. All of the reformation he's going to do for the people down here; he's making us stronger, so that we can fight back against Piltover.

"He hopes to gain independence from those rich entitled snobs, once and for all. And he hoped endlessly to have you there by his side while he does so," although I know his words were more than likely just a bunch of lies to gaslight me into feeling guilty, I couldn't help the tears welling in my eyes.

It would have been nice to have my father actually believe in me in the way this random-ass guy is claiming he does. "But now that you've stabbed him in the back," he pauses as if to find the right words to say.

"He's going to be putting you on a much tighter leash. And this," he looks curiously at the syringe still held between his fingertips, "will make you stronger than ever before, nearly unstoppable, and soon you'll be working for him. Not as his beloved daughter, standing by his side, but rather as a servant, tasked with doing his dirty work. Some slaughtering here, some fetching druggies there. This will make you realize just how deep a hole you've dug yourself into this time. I'm quite sure of it."

Within seconds, without any warning whatsoever, I feel a prick in my neck as the needle slips into my skin, and a foreign liquid mixes with my blood, flowing all throughout my body.

"The transformation will be painful, I won't lie to you about that, after all, this is punishment." And with that, he too leaves the room. It's strange. The only thing that's really different is the unknown substance running through my veins, it almost feels uncomfortable.

A few seconds of peace occur. Silence. Stillness. It's just me, alone in a room I'm unfamiliar with, strapped to a table, just waiting for something to happen. Only nothing does. Not for a decent amount of time. Not a single thing is happening which just leaves me lying there in anticipation. Anticipation of what's to come next, when the serum does finally start to kick in. I'm just left there lying on a cold metal table, restrained and confused because shouldn't something be happening?

Until all at once, my muscles start to involuntarily convulse, spazzing and seizing against my control. Then pain. Agonizing pain spreading throughout my body, it's everywhere.

I feel as if someone is tearing me apart limb by limb, cell by cell. Like I'm being burnt alive, only it isn't normal fire; no it's blazing hot lava that's melting through my skin, lapping at my insides and burning my bones to dust. It feels like I'm being shot over and over again, never-ending gunfire, blasting every single inch of my body that it can aim for.

I don't even hear the blood-curdling scream that escapes me, it doesn't register in my ears but I know it's there by how raw my throat feels, my mouth hanging open as my eyes squeeze shut. All of my senses are put into overdrive all at once. It's overwhelming.

Every piece of my being is sorted through and rearranged to the serum's own liking, coded specifically to be completely different than it was before as if just to torture me. It would be a blessing for someone to just put me out of my misery, but sadly that doesn't happen.

I'm forced to lie there, writhing painfully on the table, back arching painfully against the restraint across my midsection as it seems my bones are elongating and stretching to ungodly lengths.

Then, all of the sudden, I'm thrust violently into a nightmare of my own creation. I can no longer seem to focus on the pain as moments from my past are brought forth into my eyes, and I'm forced to watch back every single one of my bad memories.

All of the times I was cast aside by my father growing up, left to take care of myself in a house that seemed empty even when he was right there the entire time.