Unraveling Secrets

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, but you also look like you could use some help! Is there anything that I can do?"

Adrien was wondering why Viperion hadn't shown up yet, and the fact that Adrien couldn't transform made matters even worse because Ladybug was forced to fight all alone. But he decided that he would try his best to help without his powers until he could find Plagg.

Ladybug also knew that Chat Noir wouldn't be showing up anytime soon so she needed to figure out the best way to get free and get Adrien into hiding. She looked around and was able to come up with a plan for the both of them to escape the room.

"Fine! You can help, but you have to be quick!" Ladybug told him. "Queen Dieheart ordered them to keep me here, so they should leave you alone because their main target is me... so I need you to help me get one of my arms free, I'll be able to escape from there. I then need you to find something like..... a chair!"

"A chair?"

"Yes, just trust me! And then after that I need you to open the door to the hallway and wait for me there! Got it?!"

Adrien nodded, and after Ladybug gave the go ahead he began to put the plan into action. He ran up and grabbed the person that was holding onto Ladybugs left arm and pulled them off of her. Then he instantly ran away to find a chair as Ladybug managed to get the remaining people off before running away as well.

"Ladybug! The door is open!"

"Got it! I'm on my way!" Ladybug shouted back as she quickly did a front flip over the group of people trying to grab her once again. She landed perfectly on both feet and ran over to the now open door that led to the halls of the first floor.

Both Ladybug and Adrien ran through the door, and in one swift motion Ladybug pulled out her yo-yo, lassoed the door handle, and pulled it shut before anyone could get to them. Almost instantly the group of people on the other side of the door tried to open it.

"Adrien! Put the chair under the door handle!" Ladybug said.

Adrien leaned the back of the chair underneath the handle of the door, stopping anyone on the other side from opening it. Ladybug retracted her yo-yo, and they both let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks Adrien, you were a huge help." Ladybug said with a smile.

Adrien smiled back and nodded, and Ladybug began looking around the big, empty hallway.

"We need to get you somewhere safe." Ladybug told him as she grabbed his wrist and was about to lead him to an empty room, but Adrien pulled away from her.

"Ladybug, you should just go without me, I'll be fine. And besides.... I lost something really important to me and it should be around here somewhere..." Adrien said nervously as he began to fiddle with the silver ring on his finger. "I have to find it quickly, so you should go..."

Ladybug looked down and noticed that Adrien was playing with his ring and a small smile appeared on her face. "Really? You sure that you don't need my help?"

"Huh?" Adrien said in confusion.

"It's best if we stick together... especially with your... situation." Ladybug giggled, only making Adrien even more confused and anxious as more time passed with his Kwami not by his side.

"Ladybug I'm being serious here, you should go and find Queen Dieheart before she gets to anymore people." Adrien said as he began to walk away. "I need to-"

"-You expect me to be able to fight without my partner?" Ladybug asked, causing Adrien to stop dead in his tracks. He felt nervous as he turned and faced Ladybug once again.