//|8|\\

The trio stepped out of the portal, Amy shuddering at the sight. "This world... isn't very... Mobian-friendly" Amy muttered. There were snakes of concrete lined with paint and weird contraptions moving over them. "What is this place?" Tails muttered.

"Oh hey Tails! Hey Knuckles!" A weird creature smiled. It looked like eggman, no fur with hair only on its head. "Who's your new friend?" The trio stared at the creature in disbelief. "You know us?" Knuckles asked. The creature cocked its head. "Wow, your voice has changed. Sonic been teaching you how we talk?" "No, actually." Tails began

"Woah." The creature interrupted. "I only saw you this morning! You pubertised fast Tails." Amy and Knuckles burst into laughter, Tails stopping in his tracks. "Uhm.. no. Were not from your universe." "Well of course not! You're from an entirely different planet!" Tails then took the liberty of face-palming.

Suddenly, Amy was knocked over by a force speeding into her. She squealed in shock as she hit the ground. "Gosh! There must be a better way to run into another version of us!" She exclaimed in anger as Knuckles helped her up. "Thank you, Knuckles." She sighed. "How do you know my name, pink lady?" The echidna questioned. The trio froze in shock. He didn't sound anything like the Knuckles they knew.

"Oh my god." Knuckles muttered "Why does he- I? Sounds like that?!" "You..." The other Knuckles pointed to Knuckles "I thought my entire species was lost." He smiled as he hugged Knuckles, Knuckles eyes widening at the thought. "No, I am not from your world." He sadly responded "I am you... but from another universe." A pang of guilt resided in Knuckles' features as the other let him go,

Tails proceeded to comfort his Knuckles as Amy told him of their travels. "I see." The Knuckles stated "It does explain why Fox's voice is deeper." He nodded "Wade, where is the Donut Lord?" The creature shrugged "home?" He suggested. Knuckles nodded. "Come." He stated before speeding off, the trio struggling to even keep him in view.

"Am I Sonic in this universe?" Knuckles panted. "Probably not!" Amy called from far behind "Perhaps you just have more abilities here!" "Maybe! He does seem to possess more knowledge of his kind so maybe he had trained more!" Tails added.

________________________________
S

onic Boom

The two hedgehogs had been stuffed into cages by now as eggman 'redied up' for whatever failure he was about to pull out of his rusty clumps of machinery. "I'm doubting we will ever be freed." Shadow sighed "Have some hope Shads. Eggman is as dumb as he looks." Sonic encouraged. Shadow looked Sonic dead in the eyes, a blank expression planted on his features. "So are you."

Sonic rolled his eyes. "So I wasn't the brightest when I was younger-me's age! Neither were you!" "You tried to negotiate with my gun." Shadow deadpanned "I was a little tipsy!" Sonic argued, turning away and crossing his arms with a "hmp!" Shadow just rolled his eyes. "Grow up."

"Why hello rat! - and Shadow." Eggman greeted as he wheeled in some mysterious item veiled under a white, dusty sheet. "Wow, egghead, is that older than you?" Sonic teased, earning the same treatment he had given to Shadow from the round man. "No, this will suck out EVERY last ounce of your chaos energy." Sonic began counting down with his fingers. 3... 2... 1... "So I can destroy you once and for all!"

Sonic yawned out of boredom. "I've heard those words more than I've heard my own voice!" He retorted "That's rather hard to beat." Shadow remarked "You don't know how to shut your muzzle!" "Yeah? Well you don't know how to shoot a gun!" Sonic shouted back.

Eggman just stared in utter confusion. The two were possibly facing death and bickered like a married couple - wait, they were...

Eggman shook his head. "Already settling into marriage I see." He remarked as he began to set up his machine. Both hedgehogs froze, their brains processing the knowledge. "How did you know?" Shadow demanded. "My machines aren't sound proof!" Eggman joshed. "I will admit, I knew something was going on between you two... the last fight you two had when Shadow worked for me... those smirks weren't 'b-tch you're gonna die' smirks. I never thought a mobian could marry a robot though."

Shadow blinked in offense. "What I am is a touchy subject yet to be confirmed." Sonic nodded in agreement. "We'll never know." He shrugged.

_________________________________
Normal Sonic & Shadow

Shadow scoffed. "If you've been in the vents many times - or atleast enough to know the vent system off by heart, eggman would have blocked off the dammed things or put some form of security in them!" He reasoned. "No... our eggman has it worse than Knuckles." Tails stated, earning a jab from Knuckles, "What is that meant to mean!" "Nothing Knux." Amy smiled "Tails is just going through... teenage stuff." She lied, to which Knuckles nodded.

Shadow shook his head. "I'm glad I was not born in this universe." He remarked "He means we'll do it!" Sonic butted in, placing the children back in their crib - the group had returned home when Shadow remembered the chaos crystal looming in his quills.

"We probably don't have much time before the base turns into a canvas for some red not-so-paint" Amy chuckled at her joke. "Shadow is not to be messed with when he is p'ssed." Sonic laughed "Don't we know it."
He remarked as he jabbed Shadow in the side, only to have a chaos spear launched at him. "Hey!"