//|5|\\

Shadow placed the child back in the crib and turned to a smiling Sonic. "She kinda looks like Mephiles." Sonic remarked, holding in a laugh. Shadow nodded lightly, she did resemble Mephiles - even if it was due to the lapiz streaks.

The baby then suddenly grabbed Sonic's muzzle catching him off guard and allowing a yelp to escape his lips. Shadow couldn't help but laugh. The hero of Möbius could be taken down by a child, a very young child at that. "Ow- Midnight No!" Sonic yelped again, finally breaking free from the child's grip. "She's got Knuckles' Strength - oddly." Shadow rolled his eyes "You can't genetically pass strength. Unless you can in this universe..." Shadow began to mumble.

Suddenly, a loud thuds shook the hut. On instinct, Shadow grabbed the child settled within the crib and ran out of the hut, Sonic following. "What are you doing?" Sonic shouted "The hut may collapse." Shadow replied "I found a cave yesterday we can take cover in. This universe's version of ourselves clearly does not want anyone but close friends - or themselves in our case - knowing about their children."

Shadow and Sonic eventually made it to the cave, Shadow panting heavily - he couldn't skate uphill and so had to run. Shadow slumped over against the wall, being careful of the baby in his arms. "I'm already sick of this universe." He groaned "But the babies are cute- they look like you but are still cute." Sonic reasoned, smiling down at the child he was cradling.

"Debatable." Shadow sighed "Children don't appeal to me." "Even your own?" "These are the offspring of a robot variant of me in another universe. They are not mine." "They are still a variant of your kids." "I don't want kids." Shadow growled "Especially not with you."

_______________________________

The duo rejoiced at their work. The portal would allow them in but not back out. There was no guarantee they would find Sonic and Shadow however Tails could simply find that universe's Tails and go through their Transmitter as many times as necessary - or send letters to try find which Tails knows them.

"Are we ready?" Tails asked, checking his backpack one last time. Knuckles hummed in response. "Chaos emeralds just incase?" Knuckles nodded. "I left Amy in charge." "We better be quick then-" Tails sighed, cautiously stepping into the portal, Knuckles in tow, grabbing Knuckles' wrist for safety - or what felt like safety.

_____________________________

Sonic Boom sighed. Eggman was becoming even more of a chore by the day. "Mephiles is getting even more annoying!" He groaned "Reminds me of our first few encounters." Shadow reminisced. "I don't miss it." Sonic sarcastically laughed. "I do." Shadow sighed- which sounded very weird due to the robotic tinge in his accent.

"I do not see how fighting and seriously damaging your husband is satisfying." Shadow just smirked "You should know I have a very dark mind, just something I was created to have. Fighting instincts I guess." Sonic nervously laughed "I may move into your old cave." "You've been fine by me for the past few years and have even decided to have kids with me." Shadow reasoned.

"Speaking of the kids I don't trust younger us with them for too long." Sonic Boom laughed "Agreed." The two then dashed off to the hut, finding it empty with a few cracks in the walls.

"Uhm... what if younger you-" "I doubt that. The hut probably shook and knowing myself, Shadow must have taken him, younger you and the kids to somewhere safe. "Do you think?" "Well if we think the same, yes." Shadow nodded. "Well... let's head out." Sonic smiled "Race ya!" He smiled, dashing away followed by Shadow.