Chapter 10: Family

You laid in bed staring at the ceiling, your face freshly wet once again. It didn't take an expert to tell that you were depressed. Your vision flickered like a broken television screen, before focusing moments later.

???: Î̶̝ ̵̲̒ç̷̔a̶͉͠n̷̓͜ ̷̱͊ŝ̸̮ë̷̞́n̷̜̆s̶̼̑e̵͔̎ ̶̫͋t̴̞̉h̶̢̛a̸͙̕t̴̫͝ ̷̤̐y̴̮͆o̴̺̔u̶̞̒'̶͖̋r̶͉͆ë̵̟ ̴̰͛i̴̤̚ṉ̸̽ ̷̈́͜p̸͕̑a̸̛̲ḭ̴̒ṋ̷̀.̵̺̀ ̴͖̌V̸̻̾é̸̹r̶̟̊y̸̤̎ ̴̽͜t̴̤͆ḙ̷̚r̴̥̄r̶͇̕i̷͚͑b̵̻͑ḽ̶́è̴͔ ̴̲̌p̵̰͛ả̸̠ĩ̷̻n̷͇̓.̷͍͝

  You roll over to look at the other side of the room, only for your vision to flicker and your ghost to be staring right back at you, this time wearing Rebecca's face.

???: Ỳ̴̟o̵͚͆u̶̥͆ ̷̣̀k̶͙̇n̴̛̬õ̸̼ẅ̷̱́,̶̮͐ ̸̮̔I̵̪͊ ̷́͜c̵̦͠ỏ̴̱ǘ̷̝l̴̈ͅd̸̲̄ ̴̼̎f̷̦̍i̷̩̐x̶͎͘ ̸̛̙t̸̻͊h̶̰̕ả̷̠t̶͖̄ ̸̮̒f̵͖̊ô̸̮r̶̭̅ ̴̝́y̸͕̓o̴̡̓ǘ̸̜,̸̠͘ ̶̮̓i̷̹͌f̸̯͗ ̶̤͛ÿ̷͜ȯ̸̗u̵͎͋ ̶̝̈́j̵͙̐u̶̹̇s̴̖̄ţ̶͝ ̴͈̓l̴̞̑e̷̫̿t̸̳͌ ̸͔͛m̸͖͌e̶̦̍ take your body again.

  You sit up out of the bed and grip the sides of your head. Becca noticing this and rolls over to see tears spilling from your eyes. She sits up and puts a hand on your arm.

Rebecca: Hey you okay kitty?

???: L̷̙̐è̷̠t̶̹́ ̸̼̏m̶͕̚ẻ̵̗ ̶̖̉take your body ̴̙̈́o̷͔͝r̶̻͝ ̶͙̓è̸̻l̸̰̔s̵͇͝è̵̹ ̷̩̚t̴̥͑h̶͠ͅe̵̦͋y̷̻͝'̸̠̅ļ̷͝ḻ̸̋ ̷͚̆ą̸̓l̸̟͋l̵͚͘ ̸̲͠d̶̪̎i̷̬͛e̴̜̎.̴̛̤  D̶̙̉a̴͙̔v̸̦̀i̸͍̅d̶̳̋ ̶̟͗i̷̳͊s̴̤͂ ̶͈͂t̸͓͘ä̵͔k̸̥̐i̸̬̽n̴̦̄g̶̦͘ ̸͔͛a̶̧̍ ̴͚̽m̷͇̐o̶̝͒r̸̮̓e̵̜͂ ̸̮̿ȧ̶̖c̴̦̒ẗ̵̫́i̸̛͇v̵̯͒e̷͙͛ ̵̞͘r̴̹̕o̵̧̔l̶͎͋ĺ̵͍ ̷̟͠i̴̙̇n̴̘̏ ̶͔̍ẽ̵̻v̵͚̂e̶̙̕r̵̙͐y̶̡̐t̸͓͠h̵̛̗i̷̳͋n̷̙̚g̵̙͐.̸̲̈ ̶̿ͅH̷̞̿è̵̖ ̶̝̈p̸̙͠r̷̟͂o̵͚̓b̷͔͋a̴͙̐b̷͉̽l̷̲̍y̶̛̠ ̴̯̇w̴͔͐o̶̩̓n̸̯̈'̶̧̄ẗ̴͓́ ̷̺̎ĺ̵̨i̶̱̕v̷̛̮e̶̙̊ ̸̼͑l̶͙͗o̵͔̽ṋ̵́g̸̰̾ ̷̛̩e̷̡͒n̷̙̈́o̴̼̕u̵̦͆g̸̬͘h̸̦́.̸̞̽ ̶͕̀A̵̝̐l̵̘͠ḽ̵̉ ̶̜̀y̶̖͌o̶̩̿u̸̟͊r̵̡͛ ̴̝̕f̸͍̽ṙ̵͍i̶̦͐é̶͜n̴͚̕d̶̤̕s̵̛̩ ̴̫͆ȩ̴̈v̸͎͒e̶̫̎ṇ̴̈́t̷̖̄u̵͓͗a̷͉̎l̶̪͒l̶͖̃ý̵͉ ̴̧͑a̷̬͊l̷̹̏l̵̜̂ ̷̪͊d̷̬̈́i̷̟̋e̴͕̍ ̸̦̋i̵͚̅n̶͓̒ ̷̢͂t̸͍̽h̶̩̚e̸̪͠ ̸͚̎ë̷̺n̴͖͝ḓ̴͗.̸̩̈ ̶͎̚I̴̠̒ṯ̷̅'̶͕̑s̸̲̏ ̸̤͆t̷̮̀ĥ̴̦e̷͚͊ ̶̼́ṇ̶̌ă̴̯t̵̾͜u̶̲͊r̸̹͠ĕ̶͚ ̴͖͝o̴̡̚f̵̗͌ ̵͉͝t̷̲̄h̵̯̽ĩ̵̺ň̷̞g̴̭͂s̵̅͜.̸̮̓  

  Your eyes begin to flow as you lightly sob. Becca getting worried lightly shakes you and pulls you closer to her. You rest your head on her chest as she runs her fingers through your hair.

Rebecca: Babe, are you alright?

Y/N: *sob* I-I just *sob* I don't w-wanna lose you guys.

Rebecca: You're still having the nightmares?

Y/N: Y-yes. 

Rebecca: Babe, you won't lose-

Y/N: You don't know that. T-the more you go on these missions with David the more I worry. One day, you guys may have a mission that becomes too much for you all to handle, and get yourselves killed. 

  Rebecca held you, unable to really argue with what you were saying. She stared up at the ceiling as you quietly sobbed into her chest. She held you close as before you went to sleep for the night. You remember when you and David first got involved in this crew. How you met everyone in your life right now and how that number is just slowly going down. Your nose began to run with red as you woke up the next morning, alone in your bed. You assumed Becca went out to do some mission with David and the others.