The man next to her eyes opened slowly, he jolted and watched as the small woman stare at him in fear. What was she going to do? This was a big mistake, treasonous even!

"Wh... What are you doing here?" she questioned making him sit up, "I can ask you the same!" he wasn't loud, as always he was quiet, imitating, and predatory. Her heart beat faster as he watched her try to collect herself, he was one of the most if not the most intimidating man she had found herself to be in the presence of.

"This is my room princess! How did you get here?" he muttered again, she looked around feeling utterly stupid. She swallowed knowing she had no excuse. Her room was on the other side of the castle so being there was a big mistake. She turned away from him, pulling the cover she held off herself and turning away. She found her inner garment and put it on, "I..." she took a breath not able to meet his eyes, "I do not know how I got here yesterday but it was a mistake, one that can never repeat itself."

The man clenched his jaw and looked away, "I agree, stay away from me! I do not know what came over me but know I would never have touched you without influence." he stated firmly making her clench her jaw, she swallowed trying to rein her tears, she was not going to cry so he could finally realize he crumbled and shredded the part of her dignity.

She picked up her dress and moved across the large room, she entered the living room and saw the chess game they were playing the night before. She looked away and walked out of the room, not bothering to care about her appearance.

* * * *
"Your highness," a maid bowed crossing her arms, the princess turned back from the window where she had watched the sunset quietly thinking about how her life had turned out to be.

Pearl turned back to the maid, who walked toward her hurriedly, she had a frown on her face as she approached the woman, "what is so the matter? Why are you running?" Pearl questioned and walked toward her, the maid placed her hands on her chest trying to catch her breath.

After a few minutes, the maid stood straight, "Good news princess! We are returning to Kaley by dawn in the marrow!" Pearl frowned and blinked, it has been years since she had been taken from Kaley. Although she missed her mother, Silkon Valley was her home now.

"How did you hear of this?" Pearl said taking her sit by the window, staring out the window.

"The King, he was sent a message while we cleaned his chambers. I heard that the empress has agreed to trade two thousand men for your return."

Pearl swallowed and took in a breath as the king's arrival was announced, she looked up as the door was opened and the king made his way into the room. She almost shivered as his eyes fell on her and he accessed the flimsy gown that she wore, the maid bowed in respect and walked out of the room.

Pearl turned away, she flipped pages not acknowledging the pair of eyes analyzing her, "should you not pay respect to your better?" a deep voice resonated from the man that stood across the room. She did not need to look up before she knew how cold his stare was, he was staring at her almost with hatred.

"I pay respect to my better," she stated and flipped paged, "Then why are you not on your feet? Why are you not bowing in my acknowledgment?" he quizzed, she flipped the page again before looking up at him.

"You are not one," she looked up and stared at him, to show his presence did not intimidate her, which was far from the truth. She was tensed but she would not show it. His presence was affecting her more than she would like to admit but she would never say it. Not after everything that had happened between them.