chapter 26

"Good morning y/n" Jungkook smiles as his eyes glow with joy and happiness. You return his smile and get up from the bed. He hugs your waist, lovingly rubbing his face on your back.

"Let's cuddle" he pouts, you pulled him up and hugged his hard body. Burying his face on your neck You took a glance at him before changing your face into an ice-cold expression.

"Sure but you have college," you tell him while brushing his soft locks.

"Who cares, I want to be with you now" he groans while snuggling on your neck, feeling your soft skin on him.

Your mood is spoiled in the early morning. The only freedom you had was being alone in this cage when he leaves but even that small amount of peace is now pulled away from you.

"Okay then I will make something for us" you try to find an excuse to escape from him but he catches on to your words and his grip on your waist tightens.

"No, I will order something. Just stay like this for some time. I need to feel you" he rasps as his grip on you doesn't lessen as if he is afraid that you will leave him.

You roll your eyes and annoyingly sigh when his gaze is away from you.

You cuddle with him for hours, it was the first time that he didn't force you to have sex. All he did was cuddle and sleep in your arms. You really wanted to push him off the bed but you controlled it by convincing yourself.

"Y/n" he murmurs after a few hours of his sleep.

You look at him.

"Thank you for yesterday" he mumbles hugging you closer to him.

"It's nothing but I'm curious about something"  Jungkook peaks at you.

"Did you have any traumatic incident" you hesitantly ask him. After witnessing him having a panic attack was a pure shock for you because you never expected a cruel guy like him to have such a bad past. Something might have happened to haunt him like this. It's not that you care about him but you need to know his weakness so that you can put them into play at the correct time.

Jungkook stays silent for some time and lets out a heavy sigh. You become uncomfortable as you battle with your mind for asking him suddenly. All you hoped was that you won't fall under the eyes of suspicion.

"My father died when I was a child. I was very close to him but his sudden death made me depressed at a very young age.  My brother took all the responsibilities and raised me well," he smiles when he mentions his brother. Jungkook never shares his past and present with anyone. But he did with you because he felt the feeling of home with you.

"Y/n" he calls for you. You avert your gaze towards him "never ever leave me. I will give you everything so stay with me forever" He whispers as he promised himself that he would never disappoint you and work hard to make you like him back. He knows that you haven't given him a chance but he will work for it. 

________________________________________

Jungkook smiles to himself as he walks through the living place to his room.

"Jungkook" his mother's voice stop him. He internally rolls his eyes and his giggly face changes to a series of annoyances.

He turns around and looks at his mother with a cold face.

"What mom," he asks with an uninterested face.

"Where were you? You never skip nights at different places. You always come home but nowadays you aren't home or you are at college. Are you doing something behind my back?" She asks after studying his daily routine. He skips college and also stays late at night outside. Jungkook never has these habits but something has happened for him to behave like this.

"I- I.." His eyeballs move sideways as he thinks of a good excuse to escape from his questioning mother.

"I was with my friends. My friends are having a party hence I'm staying at their place and about college, I'm bored of attending it" he immediately comes up with an excuse and tries to walk away from the scene.

Mrs Jeon's expression frowns further. She is not a fool to take in his stupid excuse but she acts as if she is convinced by Jungkook's lie. Recently she has seen him smiling to himself looking at the phone and leaving the house early. She is gonna find the secret that Jungkook is hiding.

All these strange things have happened ever since the girl who has mysteriously disappeared. All she hoped was Jungkook should not be involved in this girl's case but she still finds it strange with his behaviour. 

"Jungkook since you are already 20 I have planned to get you engaged with Sana, your classmate" Mrs Jeon drops a bomb on Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook halts his step and frowns as his expression coexists with pure shock unable to believe the words from his mother.

"What"

"Yes. I have arranged it and next week will be your engagement. Sana is from a reputed family and her family shares will be a great help to our company." She finishes with a smile hoping to see her son happy but Jungkook's face said the opposite.

"Cancel it" he instantly tells and turns around to leave.

"What! Weren't you and Sana committed? Sana told me that you and she were on good terms" Mrs Jeon grows confused as she shouts at Jungkook for his sudden change of mind.

"I never liked that bitch! I hate her! So that cancel this stupid engagement before I do something horrible" Jungkook screams out which frightens Mrs Jeon at the sudden aggressive raise in his voice.

"Okay I understand that you don't like her but Taehyung chooses this! Will you defy your brother who does everything for you!" Mrs Jeon brings up Taehyung who is the weak point of Jungkook.

Jungkook hesitates as he has a battle of thoughts inside his brain. Jungkook deeply cares for and respects his brother who has done everything for him.

Jungkook runs past Mrs Joen and goes out of the house, going to the place to calm his mind. To you. To his baby.

______________________________________