I grew up having to teach myself how to do basic everyday things, and not a single day went by where he did anything for me. Sure, he provided a house, food, and clothing but he didn't care enough to form a meaningful relationship with me. And no, I wasn't a prisoner in my home, I was allowed to do basically anything but bother him and his "important business". Yet all I wanted as a child was love and attention from my father and without that, I was miserable. For the longest time, I didn't even have a clue as to what his "important business" was. Until I started listening in.

And that leads me to my plan. I have to stop the enforcers from tearing my city apart even more than they already have.

It took a bit of brainstorming (and a couple scrapped ideas) to come up with a plan that would most likely work. About an hour ago, I had come up with one option; turn myself in and claim to be one of the people who got away. Since then, I have come up with another plan that I know will probably play out better than the first.

I had gone over the first one multiple times in my head when I came up with it. There are both pros and cons, but the cons just seemed to outweigh the pros. If I turn myself in, the obvious con is that I would be locked away in Stillwater for God knows how long, and for doing absolutely nothing. But, in the process, I would be removing a target placed on Vander's back.

Now, this new plan of mine is less miserable for me, or at least I think it will be. It is pretty risky, but that is only if my dad finds out. But hey, high risk, high reward, right? I really don't want to place myself in a cell to rot for the rest of my life, quite frankly that just sounds like hell to me. Selfish? Pshh, sure. Now, all I need to do is put this new foolproof plan into action. I think I have just the perfect way to do that.

Jumping from rooftop to rooftop is something that never fails to send a rush of adrenaline through me. It's surreal. The breeze brushing against my cheek and blowing through my hair. The feeling of weightlessness as I leap from one ledge to another. The feeling of relief when I'm able to stop and fully catch my breath again is not painful per se, but rather exhilarating. It's completely second nature to me and I absolutely love it.

I'm on my way to Benzo's, a pawnshop that I happen to frequent. They have a lot of great parts for any gadgets I decide to work on in my free time (oh, did I not mention I dabble in mechanics, engineering, coding, and chemistry? Oops, I guess it slipped my mind, so sorry) and I happen to have made a little friend there a couple of years ago.

Benzo is the shopowner, hence the name of the pawnshop being "Benzo's", and he just so happens to be close buddies with the one and only Vander! Which in turn means that Vander's kids all visit often.

Now- I know you'll say that it's quite stalker-ish to know that, but as I mentioned before, I frequent the shop, and sometimes when I'm just leaving, Vander's whole gaggle of children will be loudly goofing off while on their way in. It's called being observant.

I have yet to actually meet any of them, and I'd actually like to keep it that way. If I were to befriend them and they later find out I'm the "beloved" daughter of THE Silco, I'm sure all hell would break loose. I'd rather not. Thanks though!

I make sure to put my hood up and roll my sleeves down before descending from the rooftop across the street from Benzo's. Because I'm Silco's child, I'm pretty well known throughout the Undercity, having run around a lot as a child without the slightest care in the world.

Everyone has a general idea of what I look like. So, while I'm more recently known to be a bit of a mystery, people would still know who I am if I were to show up walking around with my ears and tattoos out in the open.

My mother was a specific breed of elf and even if there might be a wide variety of species here in the underground, it's rather rare to see an elf breed anywhere that's not prissy and flooded with riches. People know, from what they saw of me as a child, that I have strikingly blonde hair, which isn't very normal to come by these days, sharply pointed ears, and intricate silver tattoos all up and down my right arm that I happen to have been born with.