Chapter 17

Hopes POV
"100-99-98-97" my voice got groggily at the end. Until I couldn't see anymore , and fell into a deep slumber.
...........
I woke up later, a little woozy.
"Hope?" My dad said. He looked... Good?
"Hi dad." I said, then yawned.
"What you did was very brave." He smiled.
"Thanks.." I trailed off smiling.
"You saved her life Hope." My dad said. I thought about what he just said. Wow, I did? I finally did something right for once in my existence, and it feels good!
"How is she?" I was curious.
"She's doing well, would you like to see her?" He asked. I smiled widely, I finally got to see and talk to my mom. I miss her so much. My dad told me that they had a liver donor come fairly quickly during surgery, apparently it was pretty hectic. My dad helped me up, and off I was to see my mother.
"Mom!" I tried running, but failed desperately. My dad stopped me.
"Woah! Slow down." My mom said.
"Mommy! I'm sorry." I was historical. I was sobbing like a 4 year old, and I didn't care one bit.
"Oh honey, I love you." She said.
"Mom I didn't mean it, when I said I hated you." I said sadly.
"Honey, I know!" She was hugging me. My dad left, and I didn't even realize it. My mom and I were talking about random crazy things about my life. I wanted her to know everything. Absolutely everything, I'm not holding it in, not now.
"Oh my, honey!" My mom said.
"Ya I know, it was a horrible dream. And he did. He beat his ex, but I don't care. He was truly sorry for that, he was messed up. And now he's dead, I can't tell him that." I said sadly. I wasn't crying, I was pretty well coped with Tyler's death, because of therapy. But I still have to start private therapy classes, even I admit I need those.
"Honey, Ty knows how much you love him. He will always love you, no matter what you said to him. Imagine yourself in his position, you would still love him right? No matter how mad he might get, or everything bad he could say?" My mom asked. My mom had a valid point. I never realized how wise she was... Well maybe that's because you never talked to her. Well I am now.
.............
"Dad, can I start my private therapy classes please?" I asked, reading a book. My mom had fallen asleep.
"Of course sweetie! That'll be good for you! Oh.. Hope, you have work today!" My dad said smiling. He was super happy my mom was okay, and that I had become such a better, stronger person through this experience.
"Ok cool, but I literally just got surgery dad!" I yelled jokingly.
"Oh my gosh! Hope I forgot, I'm sorry!" Wow, I've never been this close with my dad.
"It's cool, I'll start soon." I said.
"Wait dad.. What about the house?" I was concerned, considering I forgot about our house being burned down.
"Oh it's covered. They are rebuilding right now as we speak." He said.
"Where did you get the money?" I asked concerned.
"Oh well I kinda got another job.." He started. Oh my.. he has three jobs now.
"Oh.." I didn't know what to say.
"Hey it's okay, you and your mom need to get better, and then we will worry about all of that." he simply stated.
"Okay dad." I said.
..............
"Okay, that's it for today, therapy tomorrow everyone!" Pops says smiling.
"How was surgery?" Luke asked.
"It was okay, a little sore." I said smiling.
"That's a courageous thing, you know what you did." he said. I blushed.
"Thanks." I smiled.
I went back to my room humming. I realized that I'm different. I'm not the Hope Macintosh that was a bitchy arrogant bitch when she came here. I am Hope Macintosh the courageous girl who almost killed her mom, then saved her. I was proud of myself. A lot of ups and downs along the way, but maybe I've finally found myself? Maybe I'm finally a decent person...?