Chapter 13 Helstea auction house

Start from the beginning

"That is all?"

"Yes I didn't anticipate this but without the cup he wont have a chance in the future."

As I said that the illusion disappeared and we went back inside. There we saw something rather unsettling. Curtis is flirting with Cecilia and she was having none of it. But it seems like he didn't get it. Nico nearly stormed over there and ripped him apart limb for limb but I stopped him. I leaned over and whispered in his ear "If you want others to not lay even a finger on her then show everyone what she means to you. We all know it already but you haven't shown it to her since we were back so just do it already."

He straightened and walked towards the others. That will certainly become interesting. "Prince Curtis may I talk with Cecilia for a moment."

"Don't you see that we ar-"

"Yes please Nico we were finished talking anyway." Curtis was surprised. And it was obvious that no one has ever told him of like this. She stood up and walked over to him but Curtis wanted to interfere. Thank good there is someone in the royal family that get the hints and so he was held back by Kathlyn. Cecil and Nico went a few steppes away and talked until he got closer and kissed her on the lips. It seems even Kathlyn changed her demeaner a bit but Curtis had the best reaction. At first his eyes seemed to fall out of his skull but then he started loosing it completely. He jumped up pushing Kathlyn away and ran over to the lovebirds pushing them away from each other.

"How dare you do something like that to her. You scumbag. I will see to it that you will get the highest possible sentence for your action. Is everything alright Cecil. I will protect you from him." The queen knew that Nico was no pushover and wanted to stop her son from getting obliterated. I motioned her to stop since they will clear the problem just fine.

"What do you mean by that prince Curtis and since when did I allow you to call me Cecil. It is still Cecilia for you and if you act like this it will never change. He is the one that I love not you so you have no right in doing anything like that."

"But why? What does he have that I don't and I am a prince he is just a filthy commoner." I looked towards the queen and saw her shrink back. I guess she has failed in educating him properly.

"What do you mean filthy. More then 90 percent of the population of this kingdom are commoners and it wouldn't work without them. Additionally I might be a commoner but what have you done in your live. Standing proud behind a father that acted foolish and nearly started a second war with the elves because of his greed. You should look up to your mother. She cares about this kingdom and by the way I am more then qualified. Since I am one of the best artificers on this continent. If not the best. So read the room and get lost."

"Insolence I will not tol-"

Slappppp

"YOUNG MAN DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO IS STANDING IN FRONT OF YOU. THIS IS THE CREATOR OF THE CORE ARTIFACTS AND WE HAVE TO THANK THEM FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE FOR US. AND IF I HEAR ONE MORE TIME THAT YOU CALL COMMONERS DIRTY OR OTHER INAPROPRATE THINGS THEN I WILL SEE TO IT THAT YOUR EDUCATION IN XYRUS ACADEMY IS SHORT LIVED."

Everyone was silent. If you would let a pin fall everybody would hear it. Nico just shrugged, took Cecil by her hand and walked of. I looked towards the queen. "It seems that my orders weren't clear were they queen Priscilla." This caused another ruckus.

"What do you mean with orders?"

"I told her that she should educate her children so that they get an open mind for things but it seems this was only partially successful. I also said that Blaine should be kept apart from the two since he would only negatively influence their growth."

"How dare you. Who do you think you are."

I let my aetheric intent flow for a second and looked at the little brat. "I am the second best artificer, a powerful mage, the one that stopped the start of the second war between humans and elves and the future fiancé of the elven princess Tessia Eralith. Would that be enough for my introduction and now sit down there. You too princess Kathlyn." We sat down and I began to speak.

"Look you two I see more or less how it is. You, prince Curtis are a muscle head while you, princess Kathlyn are more openminded. Therefore I am going to tell you who your father is. During the last war he was a respectable man. He thought and fought for his kingdom but now he is nothing anymore. He was greedy and now he has nothing anymore with one exception. He has you two. If he can manipulate the two of you and kill your mother he will be back in power. I was informed that he escaped and intends to attack your mother and I guess he even will eliminate you if you are not on his side. If he succeeds. Do not listen to this old man. He just wants power and doesn't even care about others anymore."

"And how do you know that. You don't even know him."

"Shut up brother don't you listen he is the elven princesses finance and has created - with his brother - the artifacts don't you understand."

"You are bright Kathlyn. I know your father because for one I can see people's personalities at one glance and two because I was there when he tried to steal the artifact from the elves and nearly started a war again. And you would have lost it. After all the majority of elves have mana cores. I was the one that proposed that your father leaves the throne and your mother has all the power as compensation for what he has done. But now let us start the auction wont we."

The auction started. Vincent asked me several times if a saw any sword that would be to my liking but I told him there were none. After the auction all of us went to the armoury where I got dawns ballad once again and three not so good weapons for Cecil, Nico and me. Then something surprising happened. The alarm went off. Right the intruder but last time he wasn't caught. My stomach started to lump and I had a very bad feeling.