[ I love you like mine ]

JM didn't know that he had a lover, JM didn't know that he was loved by someone who was unapproachable to others, JM didn't know he was precious to him, JM didn't know ...JM was clueless. Yes, he indeed was clueless...

JM...

One word makes his heart warm, that name makes him feel great and fuzzy inside. But the only problem was he couldn't say how much he loves the boy who radiates bursts of sunshine whenever he smiles. The most adorable boy in the whole class who revolves around everyone, spreading joy and happiness to those who need them.

Well, it's a weird story but let's hear it out.

It was a new year, the final school year, and people were excited to graduate and go off to their new purpose in life. New ideas, new routes, new experiences, all new was filling up the whole class but one new thing was added when those old classroom doors cranked open. A boy with a beautiful face, kind of messy hair, and was perfectly dressed showed up. Everyone in the class gasped and was awed at the same time, why?

Because the school's perfect boy appeared in the class, in my class. He looked more precious than how people talked about him. He smiled and it felt like a new warmth just entered the class, warming the cold surroundings. I thought he will take the right side of the row to sit down with the popular kids but never expected him to walk over to the window side, standing right beside me as he looks at me, curious to know my story.

"Hi! I'm JM!" I know who you are, you are everywhere. But why are you here?

"I heard you played the piano at the annual festival last year, it was so cool! I never knew I'll be put in the same class as you! I'm honored!" He says as he pulls the seat beside me and sets his things there.

"I'm looking forward to this year because I'm just happy to be here with you." I was surprised but more importantly...

"YG can't speak, JM."

That...

JM looks at me, shocked. I was looking for disappointment in his eyes but they looked quite curious.

"I don't mind that, I don't need him to speak. He's perfect as he is." I never heard those words from anyone. Most of the people I met gave me some sort of reaction of disappointment or disgust or pity until...him.

"So, You are YG? Nice to meet you, if you don't mind me sitting beside you. I do talk a lot but please don't get mad at me." No, keep talking I like it when you talk.

I shook my head, giving my approval that he can talk as much as he can. I pulled out a notepad where I communicated with others and quickly wrote down some words for him so that he doesn't feel left out of this conversation.

' I like your voice. '

JM read it and smiled brightly, I want this smile for myself. Yes, I want to be selfish.

"Thank you. I like your music." And that's how we start talking, nonstop, continuously.

Just him and I.

We graduated, and I moved to Daegu as JM moved to Busan. We video-called on the phone yet ...something was missing. I'm having those feelings like I need to see him, hold him, touch him, stare at his face when he speaks, listen to him..everything ...just him.

I didn't waste time and traveled to Busan to surprise my little sunshine but I didn't know this was waiting for me.

I met JM...he didn't look all sunshine and butterflies anymore, a dullness was playing on his face, no sign of curiosity in him. Just a lifeless doll with just looks now. What happened to him...

"YG..." I nod because I have nothing to say.

"I look weird right?" I hesitate but nod anyway.

"I know...it's hard ..." I quickly reach for his hands and they are not warm like they used to be, they are icy cold. I gesture to him to tell me about it.

"I'm...I don't know...I feel like a failure .." I lean in and try to find the reason for this feeling but nothing was there just blank.

"I auditioned at the dance studio four 4 times..but they said...I'm fat and no good..." He tries to smile but it didn't please me.

"So, I'm on a heavy diet, and..that's what breaking me..." I can't handle this and grabbed my notepad, scribbling down the words I want to tell him and passing it to him.

' Why are you ruining yourself for a few bucks of money? Are you that worthless? Just because they said you are not qualified doesn't mean you are not beautiful! You are damn beautiful and I love you like you are you! '

JM looked surprised after reading my notes.

"You... love me..?" I blushed because I know I wrote that down unconsciously and now he read it.

"YG...answer me.."

"Do you love me?" I hesitate, he's staring at me. Either I ruin it or go for it.

I nod.

....

........

..........

Silence

Too much silence

Until I heard a sob. I looked up to see JM holding his mouth, crying his eyes out. He was covering his mouth so that the sobs doesn't surpass me and his eyes are wet.

I got up to make sure he was alright but he laced himself onto me, crying like a baby. I had never seen him like this.

"YG...." I gave him a rub on his arm, to indicate I'm listening.

"I love you too.." my heart felt warm, just like the warmth JM give me, what he gave me on the first day.

I hugged him as he calms down slowly.

Later, I offered JM to work for me as I need some voice in my music if I want to sell them to some companies. Many companies have offered me a job but since they know my situation, they gave me the chance to find a vocalist for my music and since I know JM, he will do great.

JM said he'll think about it and text me as soon as possible.

A year passed.....

JM is finally mine now, he came to me right after a week. He was looking forward to working with me but that's not all.

"Yg...I'm not only here to be your vocalist only." I was confused as well.

"I want to spend my whole life with you. I want you to mine as I will be yours."

Now, we are sitting, side by side, my eyes on him as we review our final script for the first album we wrote together. He looks so proud as he stares at the screen, my eyes are on him from the beginning.

He's beautiful like he always was.

My love...

The end

_______________

And that's a wrap! That's all for 'Small World'

I hope you guys find this small book interesting because they are some scattered stories that came to me and I wrote them down in short forms.

And if you guys like this kind of small story then do tell me and I'll make another set of short stories.

Anyway, I'll publish the new book soon so stay tuned. And thank you so much for reading 'Small World'.

Love you, guys.