Chapter 1

Darry P.O.V-
I remember that day. When I got the call about mom and dad dying in the auto accident. It had been about 7 months since then. When I got another call.
"Hello? Is this Darrel Curtis?" The other person on the line asked. "Yes this is him" I responded. "Us at the foster care center would like to inform you about your late aunt Mary Anne Curtis' passing." I'll admit I was a bit shocked to hear she passed away. Although I barley knew her.

She was my dad's sister, she didn't participate in a lot of family gatherings, she drank a lot and would smoke around me and Soda when Soda was just a baby. Dad didn't want her around us, Ponyboy didn't even know about her. But I was confused on why they would contact me about this.

"Why do I need to know this?" I asked "my aunt has excluded herself from any contact with family"
"Well, we understand you have custody of your younger brothers, and we have your cousin with us. And for the time being we figured you could take her in while we try to find contact with other families"

I let out a small gasp. None of us knew she had a child. And from the sounds of it, the kid was a girl. "How old is she?" I asked "she's 10 years old" four years younger than Ponyboy. I'll admit I wanted to meet her and take her in since, well, she is family. So I accepted.

I didn't know what I was getting into.

Sodapop P.O.V-
I got home and saw Darry talking with Ponyboy. He looked serious which is normal with him and Pony but I'll admit I was curious.

"What's goin on?" I asked while walking up to where they were both sitting in the living room

"Well, we have a cousin, and she'll be coming to stay with us for a little while." Darry replied

I was a bit shocked but curious. Didn't even know I had a cousin let alone any aunts or uncles that could have one. Ponyboy seemed pretty shocked as well.

"Well, I'm excited to meet her. You said she was around my age right? Her and I could hang out together" Ponyboy chimed in

"Guess so, wouldn't be too bad" I responded. Then I saw Darry's face

"Well I don't know, we barley know the poor girl. And we don't know how she'll act-" He started

"Oh don't be that way Darry, I'm sure she'll be fine. How bad can a 10 year old girl be? Besides she's family! Can't get any worse that us right?" I tried to assure him. But honestly I didn't even know what she was gonna be like. We could only hope she wasn't like us. And by "us" I mean a complete wreck....

Marley's P.O.V-
Ms. Kaydince says I'm going to a new home for a while. I'm nervous I'll admit. She said that the people I'll be staying with are my cousins, kids from my uncle who I didn't even know I had. As we drives I could only think of two things. Would they like me? And. What are they gonna think of me?

"Don't be nervous Marley! They're your family, they are going to love you" Ms. Kaydince looked at me through the mirror in the front seat as she said that. She tried to assure me everything would be alright. But I wasn't so sure about that.

The drive felt like it was taking forever. When in reality it was only 30-40 minutes. When we arrived I got a good look at the house. It was bigger than the one bedroom apartment momma and I stayed in while I was growing up. It was small and cramped. Even for a single mother and her daughter. It had one small bedroom, a tiny kitchen, a bathroom, and a tiny space for a living room. We barley had any furniture as my mom would sell our things to get some drugs and alcohol to get herself going. She'd invite men over too. I remember I'd hide away in the closet whenever they'd come over. It scared me.

By the time I snapped out of it Ms. Kaydince had helped me out of the car and took my luggage out of it. I didn't even realize how lost in thought I was. I looked at the small house and dread came over me. I always got nervous in these situations and I was even more scared than I was before. We walked through the gate and up to the door. Ms. Kaydince knocked and a tall muscular man answered. They talked for a while until Ms. Kaydince said goodbye to me and I was invited inside where 2 more boys sat.

Now I knew I was away from home.

(Chapter 2 coming soon)