(24) His Flower Died

Start from the beginning

But Wenwen was totally distressed. He didn’t know what went wrong, so he decided to start by focusing on a single flower. However, that single flower died within a few days of his care. No flower had ever lived for more than ten days in his hands.

Uncle Guo didn’t get angry even after seeing Wenwen killed so many orchids. As a child, it was normal for him to be very curious about new things and was keen to explore.

Wenwen was happy for a moment when he was stunned suddenly. His eyes looked at the little leaf strangely. He remembered that two days ago, he had accidentally pulled a leaf from the seedlings. However, these leaves had no missing corners.

Wenwen observed carefully. He was so happy just now that he didn’t notice. But at this moment, the more he looked, the more he felt that this was not the plant he had raised before.

Wenwen raised his face, “This is not my orchid…”

“Uh…” Uncle Guo was dumbfounded, but he still tried to reassure the child: “Why not? This is your little orchid.”

“My orchid has a leaf with a mark, but this one doesn’t!” Wenwen retorted.

Uncle Guo was stunned. What mark? The seedling had turned yellow when he saw it, so he didn’t notice.

“My orchid died.” Wenwen said certainly. He observed Grandpa Guo’s expression and got the answer.

Uncle Guo couldn’t find a rebuttal, so he cautiously said: “It was Grandpa Guo’s fault. You asked Grandpa to take care of the orchid, but Grandpa let it die…” Uncle Guo took the responsibility on himself.

In fact, two days ago, when Wenwen solemnly entrusted the orchid he raised, Uncle Guo knew at a glance that the plant couldn’t survive. He tried to save it for two days, but it still withered and died in the end.

Uncle Guo was in a panic. Knowing that Wenwen was about to come back, he quickly found a seedling with a very similar appearance to replace Wenwen’s dead orchid. Unexpectedly, the boy still saw it through.

Uncle Guo coaxed: “Wenwen, it’s okay. Let’s try raising different species. Look at this one. This orchid is very strong. You will definitely be able to grow it!”

Wenwen was hit hard one after another and fell into melancholy. He couldn’t help but think pessimistically. Was there something wrong with him? Otherwise, how could all the flowers he raised die? He was obviously his mother’s child. Mom could grow so many beautiful orchids, but he could only kill them. There was also a super pro person like Uncle Guo to assist him. With so many advantages, why did he still fail so much?

Wenwen replied dejectedly: “No need. The flowers will die again…” The flowers were so cute; it hurt him to see them died by his hands.

Uncle Guo suddenly felt distressed, “Nonsense. Wenwen takes care of the flowers so seriously; how can you kill them? This is just an accident. You will definitely be able to grow beautiful flowers next time!”

No matter how much Uncle Guo comforted him, Wenwen was still sad. It wasn’t until the dinner that his eyes lit up upon seeing a plate full of delicious braised pork on the table.

At the dining table, Wenwen ate the three pieces of meat and said to his mother: “Mom, the flower I raised died, and my tender young heart is seriously hurt. Can I eat three more pieces of meat to soothe my heart wounds?”

Fu Yunruo paid special attention to her son’s diet. What Wenwen could and couldn’t eat was strictly controlled. Food that was too heavy and greasy, such as braised pork, was carefully portioned, and she watched over how much he could eat at a time. Although Wenwen was a glutton, he enjoyed his mother’s care and was keen on fighting with wits and cuteness just to coax his mother to feed him more meat.