𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

Depuis le début

Jane passed them smiling at Ella but ducking for cover around Mal, "way to take all the fun out of it." Mal said, slamming her locker and turning to Ella. The Blonde pushed off hers leading the way. 

"Huh?" Ben was left really confused as the two girls walked away.

~~~

"Hi! It's Jane, right? Ah, I always loved that name. Jane," Mal said, walking into the bathroom behind Ella. Jane was somewhat comfortable with Ella because of the magic, but Mal still scared her.

Jane's eyes grew wide, "That's cool," and she tried to run away.

Ella grabbed her wrist, "Don't go."

She froze a little even if she was comfortable with Ella, she was now touching her and Ella's grasp felt dead, lifeless and dreadful. "I guess I was just kind of hoping to make a friend," Mal cut in; Ella let go understanding the implications of her touch under her own stress to anyone outside of the eight. "You probably have all the friends you need though, huh?"

Jane responded with, "hardly" she was still stiff and timid.

"Really? I mean, with your mom being fairy godmother and headmistress. I mean, not to mention your own, um... personality." Ella rolled her eyes. Was it really that hard for Mal to say she was pretty to gain her trust? She does it with Evie all the time.

"I'd rather be pretty. You've both got great hair," Mal was playing with the ends of her purple hair and Ella ran a hand through her short messy black and blonde locks.

Mal had an idea spread on her face, "You know what? I have just the thing for that," she opened her spell book "That's right... Ah, here. Ella a little help?" She asked.

The girl nodded and looked over at the low range spell, "Beware, forswear, replace the old with brand new hair," they said together, waving their fingers and hands.

Jane looked in the mirror in awe as her hair had grown longer and, courtesy of Ella had light pink ends that looked like fire to match her aesthetic. "Wow! You almost don't notice your... Other features anymore," Mal added. Ella realized that maybe she was wrong, maybe Mal knew what she was doing without her for once. That was not good, Mal needed to be controlled, she needed to think that she was useless without Ryder or Ella by her side. She needed to schedule a meeting with the other royal four as soon as possible. 

Janes turned and tapped the book, "do my nose."

"Oh, I can't. We've been practicing, but you know, we can't do really big magic, even with both of us. Not like your mom with her wand. I mean, one swoosh from that thing and you could probably have whatever features you wanted."

"She doesn't use the wand anymore. She believes the real magic is in the books. And not the spell books, regular books with history and stuff."

Ella pretended to feel sorry, "What a shame." she was genuinely confused, why would these people give up magic it was part of them, it was who they were. Ella loved having her powers back. It made her feel amazing she had so much of it pent up after it had been snuffed at five, she could almost drown in it. It was like wearing a corset none stop for years and finally being able to take it off. Even if she could do some magic on the isle, thanks to the lovely voices in her head she was more powerful than ever here. She wouldn't give it up for anything, even her brother. 

"You know, she used magic on Cinderella, who wasn't even her real daughter. Doesn't she love you?" Mal said, snapping the blonde girl back to reality.

"Well, of course she does. It's... It's just, you know, tough love. "'Work on the inside, not the outside.' You know that sort of thing."

Ella gave her a look like 'are you serious?' Then upon seeing her face she said calmly, "That face."

Mal caught on, "Yeah, and then just look as If your... your heart is about to break. "Oh, mother, I just don't understand why you can't make me beautiful, too."

"You think that would work?"

"Yeah. That's what old Cindy did, right? And your mother Bibbidi-bobbidi-booed the living daylights out of her." Both Jane and Mal laughed, "and, hey, if your mom does decide to, you know, break out the old wand, invite us."

She smiled at the two, "If I can convince mom, you're so there."

"Yay," Mal forced. They all bid goodbye, Mal and Ella smiling. Ella's way more tense than Mal's.

They left the bathroom and Mal bid Ella goodbye, Ryder let the shadows around him fall and came out from behind a locker where he was waiting for her, "remind her who's in charge," Ella said sinisterly. "Remind her who holds the key to her power, put her in her pla-" She cut herself off and thought for a moment. "On the other hand, treat her like I treat Jay." A lovesick smile snaked its way up to her features, "love her. Show her that you want her to be your queen," The smile fell as she turned to her brother, "Even if you have to force yourself to do so."

Ryder nodded once, no emotion on his face, "As you wish sissy dear." He walked off before she could smack him for the comment. He noted that Mal had to be tamed, he might not like it, but she was his partner in this endeavor he promised her when they were young. Uma was not to be his queen it had to be Mal, they were stronger that way and that way only. 

Published: Jan 11th, 2023
Edited: Sep 24th, 2023