Chapter 2

A/N: as usual, credit to editing goes to @Swimislife4 , who shall now be known as Emma. Thanks for helping!

Eternal Pack

Magnus followed behind Alec as they walked to his pack. He debated on whether or not he should tell him that he already knew the way. The last thing he wanted was for Alec to throw them out, so he decided to not tell him of all the surveillance and spying they had done on his pack over the last few weeks.

"We're here." Magnus snapped to attention, taking in his surroundings for the first time. He saw 5 wolves, but before he could do anything, a blur of golden fur tackled him. He looked up at a pair of golden eyes filled with distrust and fear.

"Alec, I got him! I got the intruder!"

"Jace, I know he's the intruder. He and his pack were thrown out, and need our help. Get off of him!" He rolled his eyes.

Jace climbed off and snarled. "I've got my eye on you."

"I'm sorry for how my beta is acting. We're just very worried about Max." He gestured over to the little cub playing over by a rise.

"It's fine. I'd feel the same if I had to protect a little one."

The fierce female with ebony fur and eyes walked up to them. "I'm Isabelle. Alec and Max are my brothers. This is my mate, Simon" she said, stepping aside to show the awkward-looking male with chestnut brown fur and eyes.

"I'm Jace, and this is my mate, Clary." A tiny wolf, so small she looks hardly older than Max, came up to them. She had fur like fire and grass-green eyes. Magnus could already tell that she was fierce, despite her size.

Magnus led them to his pack and had everyone introduce themselves. As expected, Ragnor and Raphael refused to mingle and were sarcastic. Catarina immediately started trying to help them with their minor injuries, while Tessa and Simon bonded over stories. He could tell that they were all going to get along really well. Jem came up to him and said, "Jace reminds me of my brother so much. They look like opposites, but it seems like he never died."

"Are you okay Jem?"

"I'm fine. Talking to Jace helped me. It makes me think of my good memories of Will, and helps me move on."

Magnus was glad that he had chosen this pack. It seems like Jem might finally start to let go of Will now and move forward. Alec walked over and asked, "So, what do you know of the Forsaken Pack?"

"I've encountered them before."

Angel Pack

Alec looked around at his pack mingling with the Eternal Pack. They fit well together. Tessa was talking animatedly about a story to Simon. Catarina was looking at Clary's wounds. Jem was talking to Jace with a nostalgic look in his eyes. Had they met before? Alec wasn't sure. He went over to Magnus and asked, "So, what do you know of the Forsaken Pack?"

"I've encountered them before."

"When?"

"Before we tried approaching your pack, we tried theirs first, simply because of proximity. We didn't have to make contact to see that they were cold and brutal, and we quickly left."

"Thank goodness you did. They're too powerful now. If you had tried to talk, they would've either killed you or forced you to help them."

"Are they that bad?"

"They're the worst. We're the only thing stopping them from killing most of the packs in the country."

"Why would they do that? And how are they so powerful?"

"They formed a pack made up of some of the evilest wolves to ever live. Each one has a different agenda in mind, but they help each other achieve them as they mostly overlap. They have a terrible pack dynamic and are constantly trying to backstab each other, which is the only reason we can stop them."

"Oh wow. I'm so glad that I decided that we would leave."

Alec led him over a rise and a mile away from their den. "This is where you can make your new den. Let me know if you need anything or a new place."

"This seems great. Let's go back and get my pack."

They walked back, and Max ran up to Magnus. "Who are you? Alec, why are there so many new wolves today?"

"This is Magnus, and those wolves are his pack. They're going to stay with us for a while buddy."

"Will they play with me?"

"Ragnor and Raphael won't. They don't like to play, but I will. Just avoid them, and you'll be fine."

"Why not?"

"I don't know. Ask them."

Eternal Pack

Max ran off, and Magnus smirked, imagining the looks on their faces. They'll make him pay for it later, but it'll all be worth it. "What are you thinking of?"

"Oh, just Ragnor and Raphael's reactions to Max."

"Are they mates or..."

"They're very close friends. Despite what it seems like, Ragnor cares for us, and Raphael refuses to show emotion. They bonded over their love of sarcastic remarks, and eventually their habit of not visibly showing love."

"I think that's beautiful. That they have such a beautiful friendship. And I get that, not showing your emotions. For a long time, it was hard for my siblings to get me to express my feelings. Over time, it got easier, but I'm still not there yet."

"Maybe talking to Raphael would help. He struggles with the same thing." Magnus knew that he probably wouldn't want to talk about it yet.

"I'll try that." They trotted in, only to see Max torturing Raphael and Ragnor with endless questions. The looks of pure agony were priceless. It almost made up for the fact that they'll get their revenge later. Almost.

"Max, could you excuse me for a moment? I need to talk to my alpha." gritted out Raphael. Magnus tried to hide behind Alec, but it didn't work."What was the meaning of this? Why did you unleash this, this child on me? Was it all a joke? You know I don't like that."

"Whoa whoa whoa. Calm down. He asked who'd play with him, and I said you two wouldn't. He asked why, and I told him to ask you himself."

"Mr. Raphael? Are you done talking to Mr.Magnus?" came a little voice. Raphael gritted his teeth, and said, "I'm only doing this because he's a kid. And don't try this again, or you're dead."

"Don't worry, he doesn't mean it."

"Are you sure?" asked Alec, worried.

"I know Raphael. He's secretly glad that a cub would come up to him and engage him in conversation, even if he pretends to hate it."

"Well, seems like I have a lot to learn about you guys."

"Then you have plenty of time to. How about you go and talk to them? Just don't go to Jem yet, he needs to talk to Jace."

Alec nodded and walked over to Catarina, who immediately started asking him about how he cared for their wounds. 

-Silveny 🦄