Chapter 6

{NARRATOR'S POV}

It had been four years since that incident and Dazai just couldn't get the thought of leaving Chuuya away from his mind.

It had affected him so much that he had worn a cheerful mask behind that constantly depressed personality and had shut out things that had reminded him of Chuuya.

Chuuya's symptoms were the same.

Dazai had always remembered the promised and kept hoping Chuuya wouldn't hate him once he came back, since it has been four years since they last saw each other.

*****

{CHUUYA'S POV}

I was in my house watching TV as it was my day off and I heard a familiar knocking pattern on my door.

I turned my head to face it and asked almost immediately, "Who is it?"

Then I heard that familiar, sweet, annoying, loving voice.

"Chibi~~~ Did you forget the promise I made you?" He sang.

God how I missed that bastard.

I stood up and ran to the door and opened it, just to see him a little taller than when he was eighteen and that he was wearing a more positive colour.

No more black, less bandages, a cream coloured trench coat, brown pants, dark brown shoes, you get the point.

He looked so happy to see me.

I was happy, but also a little angry.

"Chibi! I missed you so m-"
"Why?" I asked.
"What?"
"Why did you leave?"
"I had to; Mori told me he'd kill you if I hadn't had left."
"So, that's where the scar on your neck came from?"
"Yes. I'm sorry I didn't tell you."
"It's fine."

*****

Dazai and I were in the living room and were sat down on the couch.
We were remembering our old memories together and also catching up on what happened on each other's lives.

When I told him about Odasaku, his expression had darkened.

He let out a small hum and it sounded so sad.

I apologized and looked away while feeling bad.

"Neh, Chuuya," he called. "you know that it's fine that he died, right?" He questioned, a slight chuckle escaped his lips.

"Wh- How?" I stammered.

"Everyone dies at some point, remember?" He asked me.

I was so confused.

*****

{DAZAI'S POV}

I could tell Chuuya was confused.

"Death isn't the opposite of life. In fact, it's a part of life. In normal life, people try to stay away from death. But in the Port Mafia, death is a part of our, or your, daily lives." I explained.

"So, no matter what we do, fate will always find a way to kill us. But that's okay, as long as we spend our lives and cherish every moment we have with our loved ones, life will always have great value and it will always be worth it." I continued, holding Chuuya's chin in between my thumb and my pointer finger to make him look at me so our eyes would meet.

I saw a glimmer of something in his cerulean eyes.

"I see." He hummed almost happily, his eyes growing wide and a smile stretching onto his former frown.

"So, we need to accept death in order to live life to the fullest?"
"Yes, Chibi. Yes."
"Well, I accept that I'll die, only if I die with you."
"Awh!! So, my dearest Slug does love me!"
"No, I don't."
"Chuuya!! So mean~~"
"Whatever. Love you, idiot."
"Love you, too, HatRack!"

And with that, we unconsciously pressed our lips together and it was the first time in years we felt our lips touch again.

That familiar and pleasant emotion was back.

*****

After a while of me and my dearest Petite Mafioso talking and catching up, he had fallen asleep while watching me and his favourite movie.

He genuinely looked adorable.

His soft, fair skin, his silky and soft amber coloured hair slightly on his face had made him look more beautiful, and his peaceful expression were the things I loved most about him.

If he was at peace, I'd be at peace as well.

"I love you. No matter what happens, I'll never be far." I whispered, kissing his forehead softly.

He buried his face into the crook of my neck as if he heard and felt everything.

I carried him off the sofa and stood up, walking to his room's direction.

I closed the door gently with my foot and it had somehow made a loud slam.

I shuddered, praying that Chuuya wasn't woken up by the sudden noise.

When I looked at him, he had just buried his face into my chest and looked like a princess somehow.

God, how I loved this man.

I set him down carefully on the bed and crawled under the sheets beside him, covering both of us in his soft, warm, fluffy blanket to keep us from the cold of the winter day that only our shoulders up to our heads were showing.

His peaceful look had caught my eye once again and I let out a soft smile. (I think?)

I snuggled closer to him, holding him by the waist and pulling him closer.
I nuzzled my nose into his hair and it smelled like citrus.

I fell asleep next to him, cuddling him tighter at the thought of us finally meeting again after four years.

I love him so much, and I still do.

A/N: I knowww I said I didn't have any motivation BUTTTTTT I got an idea...
So that explains this chapter 🤷🏽‍♂️
Also I'm gonna add a self insert; My Bungou Stray Dogs OC, Moriko 🥳
He's a year older than Chuuya and he's chuuya's older brother (as you can tell by my username) but yeah!