Chapter 16

Hey everyone!! So I'm very sorry but I will be leaving wattpad for an undetermined amount of time, for personal reasons. I'm so sorry:( I have the most amazing readers and I'm sorry to put this book on hold. see you guys later. ~Hannah

Josh's POV
*three days later*

Today we're going to the hospital for my second of five chemo treatments and to get the results from my liver biopsy. Two things I'm not very excited about at all. The chemo took a tool on me last time and this being my second treatment the side affects will only be worse. But I'm also getting an XRay on my leg to see if the bones healed enough for me to start walking a little without the crutches! So hopefully those results will be good but I'm not feeling confident in my liver results at all. But I'm not telling anyone that cause I don't want to worry them too much especially mom she seams very stressed.

We're in the car now. We just dropped Conner off at school and Julia is sitting next to with her laptop editing the video from when I meet Danny.

We get to the hospital sign in then sit in the waiting room. Mom places her had on my knee that I didn't even realize I was bouncing.

"Are you okay?" She asks even though she her self isn't okay she's still worried about me

I nod "I'm fine just a bit nervous" I shrug

"Don't be everything will be fine" she rubs me knee comfortingly

"Okay thanks" I smile at her

"Josh?" I look up to see Ashley there smiling at us we get up and go over to her

"How are you josh?" She asks as we walk

"I'm good" I say

"Great! So your going to meet with dr. Robbins and dr. O' Crystal to discuss the biopsy results, then you'll have your X-Ray and then have your chemo treatment" she finishes

"Sounds good" I nod at her and she smiles back

We get to the normal conference room and we all go in and sit across from my doctors already in here.

"So I got the results back from the biopsy" Dr. O'Crystal starts "and well...the came back positive for liver failure."

I slump back in my chair sighing. I'm not really surprised I knew it would be positive but I was still holding on to that small hope that it wasn't true. I look over to my mom and see she has silent tears streaming down her face and Julia and dad just look like they've lost all hope. I sigh wishing my family didn't have to go through all this pain cause of me.

"But Dr. O'Crystal and I have reviewed your options and have come up with a plan that we think is your best option" dr. Perry tries to assure us

"Yes, we realize that the chemotherapy is worsening your condition due to one of the chemo drugs but the way the transplant list works is the worse your condition the higher up on the list you move. So if we up your chemo treatment to once every week it should make you move higher up on the transplant list. but of course this means the chemo side effects will worsen and the liver failure effects will come on quicker, but they'll be over sooner cause you'll have a new liver sooner then you would if we kept you at the same rate you are at now. your other option is to keep going with the chemo at this rate and hold back on the side effects but prolonging the effects of liver failure and having to wait on the list longer"

"You keep talking about these side effects of the liver failure but what are they?" I ask wanting to know what I'm in for

"Well you won't even notice them at first cause the are so similar to your chemo effects, you know; nausea, loss of appetite, diarrhea, fatigue, abdominal pain but as the liver failure progresses the symptoms worsen to; jaundice, easy bleeding, your abdomen will swell and hurt, mental disorientation or confusion, sleepiness, and if things really progress farther then I'm sure they will you could fall into a coma"