Seeing I'm making no move to return the gesture, she withdraws her hand giving a small awkward laugh.

"Uh... I just wanted to thank you for helping me out there, I didn't mean to cause a disturbance" she says smiling.

Giving her one last lingering look "I didn't do it for you" I reply turning my back to her as I walk away.

         ☆☆☆𝐍𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐚 𝐏𝐎𝐕☆☆☆

I blink twice, watching the girls retreating figure. Had I said something wrong? Why was she so mean?

A soft hand grips my arm pulling me out of my thoughts. I turn to face a young brown skin lady dressed in a white long sleeve shirt, a black pencil skirt and a black vest. She has on black goddess braids, wrapped in a low bun with curls framing her oval shaped face.

She gives me a smile. "Nelsa Andrews? Please come with me" she says. I nod, trailing behind her and mum who seemed to be engrossed in a chat.

She leads us into the exquisite building, decorated with little flower beds and academic posters. We arrive at a door with name card that says: PRINCIPAL in bold cursive letters.

The lady lands a rapt knock on the door and few seconds later.

"Come in" says a voice from inside. The lady pushes the door open and gestures for us to go in. Mum walks in first, I following suit.

The interior of the office is so deluxe, the walls are also painted blue with white swirly patterns done at the corners of the wall. The blinds on the window are strewn up, allowing the rays of sunlight to string in. An AC is hanged up at a corner of the wall blowing somewhat mildly giving the room a cool atmosphere.

Few quotes are pasted here and there and there's a framed picture of the President and his Vice. Inside a large glass showcase sits different trophies and awards, so many that I can't even count.

Behind the large mahogany desk sits a slightly plump fair skin lady dressed in a black lady's suit. Her curly hair is in a low afro. Sensing our presence, she looks up, smiling.

"Mrs Andrew's! Oh nelsa! Lovely to see you, please do take a sit" she says pointing to the two chairs opposite her.

"Oh, thank you Mrs Christopher" mum smiles, as the lady- Mrs Christopher turns to me.

"Good morning ma'am" I greet, politely.

"Good morning nelsa! How are you?"

"I'm very well, thank you"

"Oh, excellent. Welcome to Emperor High! Gosh, I must say, the uniform looks gorgeous on you" she says, smiling as her eyes trail over my figure.

"Thank you!" I chirp. I won't lie, I also love the schools uniform.. it's so unique and elegant.

"Of course, your mum and I still have a lot to discuss, so I'll send my Secretary to show you to the hall where the assembly is being held. Have a great first day, and remember, my office is always open. If you have any issues, feel free to stop by"

"Okay ma'am, thank you" I say, she nods punching some buttons on the telephone on her desk. 

I glanced at mum who is busy on her phone, just then, a knock on the door draws my attention away from her.

"Come in" says Mrs Christopher. In comes the lady who directed mum and me here.

"Ms Jolie, please take nelsa to the assembly hall"

I stand up as mum finally looks at me, a small smile on her lips.

"Have a great day honey" she says, I smile.

"Bye mum" I say, exiting the office as the lady shuts the door behind us.

" So, first day of SS3 are you feeling nervous?" Mrs Jolie asks, leading me through the hall way.

"Not really" I say, a small frown crossing my face. I mean, it's not do or die it's just high school. Not everyone must like me and I'm absolutely fine with that.

I notice Mrs Jolie quirk her neck so she could look directly at me. A small smile on her lips.

"You're really confident. I love that"

"Thanks!"

We continue our trip in silence as we climb a set of stairs, I believe lead to the senior block. I could tell from the doors and the occasional loud voices and teacher scolding.

We arrive at a blue colored door that says: SS3 SCIENCE.

"This is your classroom, do have a great first day of school and I'll be looking forward to seeing you around" she says, flashing me a smile as she turn on her heels retreating the way we came.

I inhale deeply, muttering my mantra to myself.

Taking the door handle, I turn it, pushing it open and stepping in lightly as all eyes turn to me.

First day of school, eh?

☆°☆°[°☆]°☆°☆°[°☆]°☆°☆°[°☆]

Ⓗⓔⓛⓛⓞ ⓔⓥⓔⓡⓨⓞⓝⓔ

𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬! 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 2022 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 2023! 𝐆𝐞𝐞𝐳!!!

𝐒𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐚𝐩, 𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐝! 𝐇𝐞𝐡𝐞𝐡𝐞𝐡𝐞

𝐆𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐢 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦!

𝐁𝐲𝐞 ✦♥︎♥︎♥︎✦✦♥︎

Dinma™