𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

Start from the beginning

"You'll break it like that!" Gabriel yelled and slapped both of Alastor's hands away. "No I won't!" he retorted and pushed the Archangel away. "Yes you will! Let me help you!"
"No!" A squeal of static ached in Gabriel's ears, Alastor quickly taking advantage of the moment to swipe both his wrists away from his head and pin the angel against the wall. The divinity's face was etched into a scowl. Alastor's ear flicked several more times.

One of those "oops! I'm not meant to be here" whistles echoed from the end of the hall, the stag's head snapping to the right to see Angel Dust holding his pet pig in his arms, both of his eyes widened as if he had just walked in on a couple making out. Oh. "Wow, Smiles. Didn't think ya swing both ways," the spider cackled, Gabriel's face turning a bright golden color at those words.

"I don't- No!"
"Get off of me, you oaf!" Gabriel shoved the sinner away and rubbed his wrists, a quick snap of his fingers allowing the earpiece to fix itself to Alastor's liking. The ear stopped twitching and Alastor shot him a quick look of disdain and annoyance, rolling his eyes and harshly shouldering past Angel Dust.

-

"Okay, so what's the plan?"

Alastor was concealed within the darkness of the hallway, his red eyes glowing brightly. Damien had returned to his room a couple of hours ago and now they were just waiting for him to come back out like he often did. Hopefully this works. Everyone was asleep, so they didn't run many risks of being caught by a staff member — unless someone got all pissy and began hollering for nothing.

Gabriel's voice came out gravelly, causing Alastor's ear to flick in discomfort. "Just keep an eye out for when he leaves. Then you tell me and I'll meet you in the room." An eye roll happened about a second and a half before the door clicked and swung open, Alastor's red gaze vanishing just as Damien poked his head out. The reptile ran a hand through his black hair and set about walking down the hall after having closed the door and locking it behind him.

Soundlessly, Alastor grinned and slid beneath the door. He popped back up into his physical form once inside, ear twitching. "Alright. He left. You can come in," he said in a low voice. A silhouette of gold appeared in the center of the room, Gabriel's person coming into vision with a quick twirl and a burst of feathers swallowing the silhouette. The feathers blew away and were singed to nothing by small flames, leaving no evidence of his appearance.

Alastor gave a smiley grimace. "A bit extra don't you think?" Gabriel blinked his numerous eyes, a hand being set on his hip sassily. "Oh, like you're never dramatic," he spat through a whisper. "I was just saying! We're only in here together to get that damned gun so that we can finally be rid of that prick." The three sets of wings on the Archangel's back vanished, leaving more space to move.

Their steps were quiet, Zandor slipping away from his host to help with the search. The buck saw Gabriel jump a little at their new companion which had been very mildly amusing from Alastor's point of view. "You're sure he didn't take it with him?" Alastor finally asked, brow raised. His companion nodded, "Positive. He never takes it with him when it's dark." A gentle, hazy laugh vibrated in Alastor's throat.

"Scared he's gonna shoot himself in the foot?" Gabriel shrugged. "Probably. He's a coward. The only reason he did all those horrible things to (Y/n) is because he knew she was defenseless..." Alastor swallowed a ball in his throat so thick he thought he might have started to choke on it, but it went down smooth — thankfully. He wouldn't know what to do if he made a fool of himself in front of this man.

His clawed hands trembled, pupils constricting. He could feel the balance on his own feet begin to dwindle, hand clutching the bed post to hold himself up. Gabriel's voice was just a mixture of sounds, muffled as if he were deep below the blanket of water of an angry ocean.