Dark Hours.

This was requested by: Kalosian_Wonder 

Note: I know you were going to send me ideas, but something came up. So I dealt with it myself, which is normal.

TW: Y is suicidal and X's parents are abusive in this chapter.

~~~

Y was silent as she wrapped her arms up. They were going to a new region to find her hope, but she didn't want it. She put on a jacket before heading out and grabbing her bag.

~

They arrived and got settled a little before going to meet the neighbors, in which Y wasn't amused by. But there was one that caught her attention. The dark haired boy's mother hand a vice grip on his arm and he looked like hell. He also wasn't allowed to shake her hand because his mother kept him back.

~

She finally got to meet him when he escaped the house. He was weak as he managed to get to her house, in which she was relaxing outside. She went over as he huffed.

"I never got a proper introduction... X..." She paused before shaking his hand, which was practically shaking without her help.

"Y..."

~

Years later, they were going on a journey against her wishes. X managed to catch up.

"Hey-" He dropped just before he got to them, gaining their attention as Y paused. He then slowly got to his feet before finishing the run, accidentally crashing into the foreigner. "Oh sorry, Y-" She kept a steady grip on his arm to help him steady his shaking.

"It's ok-"

~

Despite her own strength working against her, X was the one to stop her. The knife was ready to add marks to her arms, however X gingerly held her wrist as she tightly gripped the weapon. She cried against his shoulder while he tiredly rested against her. Finally, she spoke.

"Please-" She forced herself to loosen her grip on the knife, allowing him to take it as he forced himself to wake up. He then closed the switchblade before pocketing it and pulling her into a hug.

"Shh..."

~

Honestly, she finally found hope when she treated X. He was locked onto his parent's ruling that he was still caged. But she finally stopped him when he was going to buy the usual food of a PB&J with a water that he ate almost hourly.

"How about I treat you to something more appetizing for dinner?" He gave a questioning look as she put the two things back before pulling him away.

She got him a soup with some tea instead, which got him to hesitate a little, but he did finally submit to it. She watched as his face lit up from the warm food. He actually shut down as he finished. She took his hands with a smile before he gave a childish giggle.

"Better?" He nodded as he licked his lips, his stomach feeling better.

~

"Y-chan?"

She glanced at him as he paused. They had just defeated Team Flare and he was nervous about the celebration.

"Yes?"

"What if they make fun of us?" She took his hands.

"They won't They see us as heroes."

"But-"

"We are not at fault for our pain. We now have a warm welcome. They will want their heroes safe. Are you ready?" He paused before nodding.

"Yea-" As they stepped out into view, a cheer filled the air. Y felt X grip her hand while he zoned out, marking he was not ready for this. Diantha waited as they joined her.

~~~

I actually have more ideas with this set up-