Chapter 40: 𝐠𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

Start from the beginning

"He's Fairy Tail's strongest wizard." (Y/N) answered, her voiced laced with proudness despite not being the owner.

Lucy gasped. "Wait, even stronger than Erza?!"

"I'm not even in his league." Erza smiled, basically admitting her already-defeat.

"How dangerous can this guy get?"

"He's much stronger than anyone in this guild. Erza, Mira, Laxus, Mystogan... You can combine them all-- and he'd still beat them. He might be up to par with Master as well, and its not even exaggeration."

Lucy paled at her own imagination before trying to shake it away and changed the topic. "N-Not like I care, but what's the celebration about?"

"It's like a festival!" Wendy chirped.

"Definitely one festive guild..." Carla mumbled.

"It's only natural for everyone to celebrate." Mirajane claimed as she walked up from behind with a smile. "It's been about three years since he came back."

"Three years? What was he doing?"

"There are quests more difficult than S-class, called SS class." Mirajane began to explain. "But there are jobs even above those, called ten-year quests."

Lucy's eyes widened. "Ten-year quests?!"

"No one has completed them for more than ten years. That's why they're called ten-year quests." Erza continued from Mirajane's explanation. "Gildarts went on one even more difficult, a hundred-year quest."

"A hundred-year quest?! No one has managed to complete it for a hundred years?!"

"Right."

"Magnolia will now change to Gildarts Shift! Residents, please move to the designated areas!"

"Even so, isn't this going a bit overboard?" Carla remarked.

"I wonder..."

"What is Magnolia's 'Gildarts Shift'?"

"You'll know if you look outside." (Y/N) simplified.

Wendy, Lucy, and Carla opened the door and walked outside, only to be certainly surprised themselves that Magnolia is LITERALLY shifting.

"T... The city is splitting?!"

It turned into one narrow path leading to Fairy Tail.

"Gildarts uses Crash Magic."

"He'll turn anything he touches into bits... If his mind wanders, he'll just walk straight through people's houses."

"How much of a idiot is he?!" Lucy commented panicky. "So, the entire city was reconstructed with this in mind?!"

"This is amazing! Isn't it, Carla?!"

"Yes. Amazingly stupid." She put down.

'Well, he's coming, so everybody better get ready for his entrance!"

At this moment, a tall, muscular man with shoulder-length orange hair that's kept slicked back and stubbly beard stood in front of them.

"Gildarts, fight me!" Natsu grinned with a challenge.

"Right off the bat with that?!"

"Welcome back." Mirajane greeted her usual welcome.

"So, this person is Gildarts..." Lucy whispered to (Y/N) with awe.

Gildarts, not recognizing Mirajane and the renewed guild, asked: "Miss, I was pretty sure there was a guild named Fairy Tail around here..."

"This is it." Mirajane answered. "Oh, and I'm Mirajane."