Chapter 20 - Lucifer

Start from the beginning

Her presence just made me feel so warm inside, no one has ever made me feel like this ever in my life. I wanted her around me, this feeling gave me joy that I never thought I would have.

Issue is, this could distract me too much from work. I take my job seriously, nothing gets in my way unless it's somehow more urgent than what I'm doing.

Ella could be a distraction for me during work, but I'm willing to take that risk if it means I get to be around her beautiful self every day and night.

The sound of fast footsteps and broken glass interrupted my thoughts and our conversation, what was going on? Me and Ella both looked at each other with concern before I decided to go check it out for myself.

I saw my guards running upstairs. I looked back at Ella "Stay here, don't leave this room. Understand?"

She nodded and sat down on the counter. "Good girl, I'll be right back." I said before leaving the room.

I ran upstairs to find three of my guards pointing their guns at Olivers open bedroom door. I walked over and looked inside, fuck.

Oliver had a gun held to his head, stuck in place by the hold of the man behind him. It just so happened to be another person that hated my guts, we were never on good terms.

"Carlo, let him go." I demanded.

"Lucifer, wonderful to see you again." he said with a smile.

"What do you want, why are you here?" I asked.

"Revenge. I want revenge for everything you've ever taken from me. My life, my family, everything."

I whispered into one of the guards ears, "Go downstairs and stay near Ella, don't leave her and make sure she doesn't leave you."

He nodded and left to go downstairs. I looked back at Carlo and Oliver, "Ella, hm? Who's that?" he asked.

"That's none of your business. Let him go, Carlo. He didn't do anything to you, leave him alone."

"He's precious to you, isn't he? You killed my family, tell me why I shouldn't kill yours right now. The roles have been reversed here, you're as powerless as I was."

Without thinking, I took the gun from one of my guards and fired at him. Luckily, I didn't miss, I got him right in the chest. They both froze in silence.

His grip released from Oliver, making them both fall to the floor. I gave the gun back to the guard and ran over to Oliver as he panted.

"Are you okay, are you hurt?" I asked, genuinely concerned for him.

"I'm alright, thank you for helping me." he said, hugging me. "I love you so much."

"Okay, let's get you to bed. You can sleep in my room for now, I'll get the maid to clean up the broken glass and put something over this guy so I can dispose of him later."

"Alright, but where are you gonna sleep? You can't sleep on the couch, are you taking another guest bedroom?" he asked.

"I'll sleep with Ella in the room I prepared for her here."

"Woah, you're actually sharing a bed with someone?" he joked.

'I did it already with her, why wouldn't share it with her again?'

"I guess I am. Okay, go get ready for bed in my room."

He nodded and walked out of the room. I looked around before calling over my maid, this is one hectic night for sure. I waited until she got here and when she did, I left.

I walked downstairs and headed over to the guard by the kitchen, "How is she?"

"She's a bit startled but doing well." he answered.

"Thank you, you may go now." I said, watching him leave right after.

I walked into the kitchen and looked over at Ella who was looking out the kitchen window. She followed the rain with her finger, gliding them down the window.

"Bored?" I asked.

"No, tired." she responded, looking over at me.

"Come, let's get you to bed then. If you don't mind, we'll be sharing a bed together."

"Lucky me then." she said with a smile, walking over to me.

We both left the kitchen and headed upstairs, opening the door to her new bedroom.

After we both entered the room, I let her look around the room. Her mouth opened in awe as she saw the new decorations around the room, knowing I had made it special for her.

"Did you put all these things up for me?" she asked, looking over at me.

"Yes, I did. I figured that if you were going to stay here, you should get a comfortable room to sleep in." I answered, looking back at her.

"Oh, and I also put some stuff in your bathroom. You know, girl products and shit like that. There's also skin care products and more stuff in there. Your closest is also filled with clothes for you." I added.

"Oh my god, thank you so much!" she said with a smile.

I nodded and hummed in response. I walked over to the closest and rummaged through the clothing, looking for some of her comfortable clothes. I kept some in here for myself just in case so I picked those up as well.

I left the closet, walking over to her with her clothes in one hand and mine in the other hand.

"I hope these will do for you, you can change wherever you want." I said, handing the clothes over to her.

"I'll change in the bathroom so you can change here." she said, grabbing the clothes and walked over to the bathroom.

I quickly changed out of my clothes and put on my new clothes, sitting down on the bed for a few minutes until Ella had came out.

"Wow, these fit really well." she muttered.

"It's pretty simple to find clothing in your size, I'm glad you like them though."

She laid down next to me and turned off the lamp, "Good night, Lucifer."

"Good night, amore."