"How did you —— get inside —— my room?!"

"Lower your voice! They'll hear us!" he hissed.

"Yeah! Mum and dad'll know there's a boy in my room!" she hissed back.

"Mum and dad?" Regulus repeated.

"Yeah."

"Callie you're in Hogwarts."

Every movement in her body halted, even her harsh breaths. After a few blinks in, her mind finally remembered everything. She was still in Hogwarts.

"I'm sorry." She faked a smile. "I must've forgotten." Her hands freed the blanket she was holding, letting it fall onto her lap.

"I understand what you're feeling," he said, making her look up. "I may not have been away from my family as far as you are but I understand your pain. Please, know that."

The curve on her lips transitioned into a faint yet real one. "I dreamt I'm back home. That we just had dinner, the four of us. Then I walked to my room and get to bed. Then I woke up to you."

Regulus nodded. "I bet it's better to wake up to me than to my brother or his nosy friends." A sly smirk settled on his face, making a genuine smile curve upon Callie.

His smirk then changed into a genuine smile. "Glad I lifted your spirits even a bit."

It was a nice feeling, to have someone to comfort her. Callie had always been the one to comfort her friends and now that she had someone to console her, she found herself wanting to lean more onto him just to hear words of assurance.

"You've no idea how badly I need that."

Regulus acknowledged her words before he stood and went to her study table. He took a tray and laid it on Callie's bed, pushing it towards her.

Callie then just realised their situation. Regulus gave me breakfast... in bed, she panicked inside, trying to stop her face from turning as scarlet as the Gryffindor's colour. Sure, it wasn't how she imagined she'd have breakfast in bed with someone she liked. But that was Regulus Black! Callie's hardest fictional crush! And then when she knew that he was living, breathing, alive, the butterflies morphed into bees.

"What's in your mind?" he asked, snapping her back to the present.

"Nothing," she denied quickly and grabbed the spoon.

"I've told you once and I'll tell you again. You can tell me anything. Absolutely anything. I'm all ears. Do you understand?"

Callie nodded hesitantly. She began eating.

Regulus noticing she wouldn't budge said, "It's also fine if you chose not to. I just want you to understand that I'm here."

On her next nod, it was genuine. "I understand." Then she continued her breakfast. "Have you heard from the others?"

"I haven't. I didn't dare to come near the willow. I'm afraid the moon will remain full until tomorrow."

"After that, he'll be okay, right? Remus?"

He stared at her hopeful eyes. He had no idea where he was getting all courage to make unsure promises. Yet he didn't flinch as he said, "Of course." All Regulus knew was he'd do anything for Callie. The next steps nor the consequences shouldn't matter.