Chapter 7 - Study Group

Mulai dari awal

"Those do look interesting indeed."

"Do you want to borrow them?" Hiyori asked with an excited face.

I didn't have the heart to turn down her offer. Seeing her adorably excited face and saying, "No, I've read these thousands of times. Don't care," would be horrible.

"Are you sure? I mean, they seem to be your personal books."

I had noticed there wasn't a library bar code on these books, which meant she went out of her way to buy these books.

"Of course! That's what book buddies are for. To share their books and talk about them together."

"Alright, well, I'll happily take them then."

I grabbed the books and put them in my bag for safekeeping.

"How's the studying going?"

"It's going well, I feel rather prepared for these upcoming exams, so I expect myself to do well," Hiyori replied confidently.

"Well, isn't someone confident in their academic ability," I said teasingly, "how'd the quiz go for you? If you don't mind me asking."

"I don't mind at all. I did fairly well, I got a 92."

"Pfffft. Fairly well, I'd say you did superb. A 92, that's amazing!"

Hiyori's face developed a slight blush from my compliment.

"Hehe~ thank you. How'd you do Fukumoto-kun?"

"An 83, which I'm happy with," I replied nonchalantly.

"Great job! I knew you were smart!"

Did someone think I was dumb?

"Sadly though," Hiyori continued her speech, "my class had a 38% overall passing grade. Not very good considering the news we all just received."

A 38% passing grade? If I recalled wasn't the grade a 32. At least for our class, that was the score.

Was there a varying passing grade predetermined for each class? Or was there another rule Chabashira-sensei had forgotten to tell us?

Just knowing one other class's passing grade wouldn't be enough to form a concrete theory. If I wanted to solve this, I'd need to at least figure out one other class's passing score.

"Yeah, the reveal of the true system behind the school kinda hit us hard," I continued.

"I heard. I saw Class D has zero points. If you ever need financial help, I'm willing to help you."

A true angel, "no, no, no, you don't have to I'm fine currently. But, I appreciate the help."

From what I remember, Class C had also lost a significant amount of Class Points, but obviously not as much as our class.

"That's why I'm here actually," I continued, "I'm leading a study group in hopes of helping others pass and gain Class Points."

"That's wonderful!" Hiyori replied, "are you looking for a place to study?"

"I am actually. The library seems to be full at the moment..."

"There are tables in the back," Hiyori turned and pointed toward the back of the library, where far fewer people seemed to be. "Usually, those tables are empty. And it also allows you to talk a little more and not distract others in the library."

"You're the best."

I walked towards the back of the library to secure spots for my group and me. I sent a text to the whole study group giving them directions to where we would be situated. There were still 10 minutes to the designated meeting time. I guess I should get my notes prepared for the study session.