Alex Ryan-Williamson sent aggressive tweets to a fan that accused wife Leah of being work shy and forcing the award winning artist to perform just weeks after the death of her father.

An hour after the tweet was posted, Ryan-Williamson's media manager, Lydia, posted on her Instagram story with the following:

"As Alex's media manager, I was horrified by the Twitter spat that took place this evening, immediately worrying about the detrimental impact this could have on her career.

On further reflection, reflection as her best friend, I am horrified by the senseless comments that are directed towards her and her family on a daily basis, worrying about the impact this could have on one's mental health.

The world forgets that Alex, and her family, bare no difference to any of us. The death of her father showed the fragility of life, and the importance to highlight medical charities to ensure fewer people lose their life to these issues. Alex, as always, made the brave decision to appear tonight. I can confirm it was solely her decision and that both myself and Leah have liaised with her throughout the week to ensure it was what SHE wanted to do.

Neither Alex, nor her team, will comment on this issue any further. I am asking the media to respect her privacy at this time as she attempts to navigate her way through life without both of her parents.

Thank you."

The post has since been shared by some of the industries biggest names, all pledging support to Alex and insisting that more needs to be done to prevent the private lives of celebrities being invaded by the media.

"Have you seen this? Lydia made a statement?" I questioned Leah.
"Of course I have. Look, there she is." Leah nodded her head forward as we pulled into the drive.

I didn't speak, just undid my seatbelt and jumped out of the car, practically running towards Lydia. We didn't exchange any words for the first few moments, simply being held by my best friend was enough for me right now.

"I'm so -" I began.
"Don't. Me too. I am your best friend, Alex. I will always be your best friend, that comes above all else. I just panicked, it was so out of character." She giggled slightly at the last part.
"I know, I've been so angry. I don't know why, but I don't feel angry anymore."
"I'd be angry at the world too, Alex. Between your Mum, and your Dad. I'd be so bloody angry. You deserved better than this."
"I had them, they were my parents. I'm lucky."

As I spoke, I had a sudden realisation, I had been so preoccupied with the pain that I hadn't realised just how lucky I had been to have parents like mine in the first place. Lydia didn't come in, she said she was tired but wanted to make sure we were okay before she could sleep tonight; that's what best friends do. Best friends though, also give you tough advice when you need it, which is exactly what Lydia did.

"I know it's really hard, but try to remember that Leah found out you two were having a third baby just before this happened. She got really teary when I brought it up earlier." Lydia whispered in my ear as we hugged.
"Got it." I whispered back.

— — — —

Leah had likely expected that tonight would be another night of her holding me as I sobbed myself to sleep, but Lydia's worlds travelled around in my head. I watched as Leah's face lit up slightly as I went to the sofa and motioned for her to come sit with me for a while before bed. Lydia was right, we could be sad that my Dad had gone, but happy that we had another life joining our family. This little life didn't deserve any less excitement surrounding their arrival just because of the timing. Leah had completely stopped mentioning the pregnancy now, because I just reverted to talking about my Dad.

"So c'mon then, what're you hoping for?" I asked as I moved Leah's hand to my stomach and felt her sigh in relief.
"Publicly, I don't care as long as everything goes okay." Leah giggled.
"Privately?"
"A boy."
"Why a boy?" I questioned.
"There are enough mood swings in this house with you and Aoife, boys are easier!" Leah laughed, pulling me into her.
"I am excited, Le. You know that don't you?" I said softly.
"I don't expect you to be, Al. I just hope you don't regret it." She sighed.
"What? No, Le. Please don't think that. I know I've been preoccupied with the press, the funeral, and all that. I just needed somewhere to place my anger - frustration - whatever it was."
"You could've just argued with me, you didn't have to go pick a fight with some Twitter troll, you know." Leah affectionately tickled me.
"It hurts too much to fight with you, Le."

I watched as my words melted Leah's heart, her eyes softening and lips curling upwards. It was another moment of realisation, the realisation that Leah's life had been completely upended by my Dad's passing too, not just me. She had been so close with my Dad, but stayed strong for me throughout the funeral. She had been worried about the impact of my stress on the baby, but unable to discuss it with me in fear of me blurting out that I regretted my decision. I won't ever make her feel that way again.