Lydia's coworker comment had cut me to the core, is that all we were now? I couldn't let her see I was upset, I couldn't stand anymore pity looks when I cried. So I laughed, a laugh full of I don't care when really, I cared a lot. I just didn't want to open myself up to lose anyone else right now, so I shut her off. I watched as her eyes filled with tears, Leah nodding her head towards the door to tell Lydia to leave, sitting beside me on the sofa in the dressing room. I expected Leah to take her turn to have a go but instead she pulled me into her, placing a delicate kiss on my shoulder.

"Did it make you feel better?" She whispered.
"Yeah. Kinda. I don't know."
"I've got an idea, we'll talk about it tomorrow? I'm proud of you."
"Okay, Le. I'll fix this, I'll apologise or something." I began to regret my decision, realising that for the first time in my public career I had reacted to negativity.
"Hold off, we'll talk tomorrow. I think maybe you and Lydia should talk too."
"Yeah. After the performance." I shrugged.
"You still sure you want to do this, Al?"
"I want to. Maybe other people won't lose their Dad's if we raise loads of money."
"Al, you're breaking my heart." Leah began to well up.
"What did I do?"
"You're so fucking selfless." She pulled me closer.
"Ryan-Williamson you're on!" The runner shouted from behind the door.

Before I knew it, the lights were beaming down on me as I choked back my tears. That night, I had two people proudly seated in the sky watching me as I sang every word with passion; getting emotional towards the end but managing to finish the song.

When it's not always raining, there'll be days like this
When there's no one complaining, there'll be days like this
When everything falls into place, like the flick of a switch
Oh my mama told me, there'll be days like this

When you don't need to worry, there'll be days like this
When no one's in a hurry, there'll be days like this
When you don't get betrayed by that old Judas kiss
Oh my mama told me, there'll be days like this

When you don't need an answer, there'll be days like this
When you don't meet a chancer, there'll be days like this
When all the parts of the puzzle start to look like they fit, yeah
Oh, I must remember, there'll be days like this

When everyone is up front and they're not playing tricks, yeah
When you don't have no freeloaders, out to get their kicks, yeah
When it's nobody's business, the way that you want to live
I just have to remember, there'll be days like this

When no one steps on my dreams, there'll be days like this
When people understand what I mean, there'll be days like this
When you ring out the changes of how everything is
Oh my mama told me, there'll be days like this

I gave the crowded room a small thanks for their support, before turning to walk off stage. Of course, Leah was waiting with open arms and a reassuring look in her eyes. I felt my body sink into hers as I allowed the tears that had built up to find their way to her shoulder. Leah wiped away my tears, making me presentable for the swarms of paparazzi that were lined outside all hoping for the first shot of me since the spat, but this time I didn't feel angry. I felt numb, and I wasn't sure which was worse.

On the way home I decided to check up on articles that had been written since my Twitter spat earlier in the evening, expecting that I had been 'cancelled'. Instead, I was greeted with nothing but positivity.

Celebs rally round in support of Alex Ryan-Williamson after Twitter spat

Multiple celebrities have spoken out in support of the singer following a shocking Twitter spat that took place earlier this evening.