Ch. 4 - dance practice

Începe de la început

He was right. You had watched a preview video of the choreography for your performance and knew that there was gonna be a lot of touching and holding during the dance. You didn't know how you were going to get through it without becoming a complete flustered mess, but you were determined to do your best.

As you entered the room, you were greeted by the choreographer. After some warm up stretching, you and Hyunjin began learning the steps together. You notice how focused he is, staring at the mirror while rehearsing the moves until they were perfect. Seeing how serious Hyunjin was being, you wanted to give it your all as well.

After an hour of learning all the steps, the choreographer left the room to let you practice them some more. Tired from the dancing, you both took a short water break. Hyunjin plops down on the floor, resting his back against the wall as he gulps down his water. His T-shirt sleeves are rolled up, exposing his shoulders and giving you a great view of his toned arms. Sweat drips down his neck as he ties half his hair up in a ponytail.

"You think you're ready for a run through?" He pants as he gets back on his feet.

"Yeah, I think I've got the moves down now. Let's give it a go." You adjust your crop top and tie your shoes before joining Hyunjin in the middle of the dance floor.

The music starts, and you both perform the first set of moves in perfect synchronization. You catch yourself smiling in the mirror, thoroughly enjoying dancing with Hyunjin, and you see a grin creep up his face as well. Your bodies flowed to the rhythm so effortlessly, matching each others movements at every beat.

When the chorus hit, you execute a move where Hyunjin places his hand on your waist as you roll your hips against his. His fingers graze the bare skin on your midriff momentarily, before landing on the cloth at the waistline of your leggings. Though you were appreciative of his consideration for not wanting to touch you inappropriately, you secretly yearned for his hands on your skin.

As the two of you neared the end of the song, you strike your ending pose, spinning into Hyunjin's arms and landing with your hand on his chest and his hand around your waist once again. With the speed of your turn, Hyunjin's hands are not as steady this time, landing right on you bare midriff as you freeze in your positions.

You both breathed hard with your bodies fully pressed against each other. Hyunjin stares into your eyes as your skin burns from where his hand is touching you, but you couldn't tear yourself away. You're unsure how many seconds pass before Hyunjin finally releases his grip on you and awkwardly stumbles back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to touch you there."

"No, don't be sorry, it's part of the choreography!" You wave away his apology. "And I honestly don't mind, so don't worry about it!"

He looks up at you with a curious expression. "You don't mind?"

Your heart beats out of your chest by the way Hyunjin is looking at you. His question seemed innocent but his expression told a different story. He looked at you with uncertainty but longing as well. As if he was waiting for you to give him permission. Permission to do what he wanted with you.

You bite your lip in hesitation. "I don't mind..."

With a steady pace, Hyunjin starts making his way towards you, maintaining eye contact the whole time. He pauses once he's standing a foot away from you, trying to read your reaction to his presence.

"Do you mind if I..touch you like this?" Hyunjin grabs your hand, pulling you into his chest. His hands rest on your waist as you stare up at him with your heart racing.

"I don't mind." You whisper, snaking your arms around his neck.

Hyunjin lowers his head, resting his forehead against yours. Every part of your body is pressed against his besides your lips, and you so desperately wanted them to be connected as well.

After what felt like a century, Hyunjin speaks up again. With a faint whisper, he asks "Do you mind if I kiss you?"

The question was so simple and the way he said it sounded so innocent, it almost melted your heart. His body language on the other hand, was anything but innocent, as his hands were harshly gripping your waist and you could feel his bulge growing against your stomach.

Before you could even open your mouth to answer him, his lips crashed onto yours. Your legs go numb at the feeling of complete bliss from kissing Hyunjin. He wraps his arms around you even tighter, pulling you up as your body falls into his.

Once you regain your balance, he starts exploring your body with his hands, rubbing them all over your back and up to your neck, cradling your head  before traveling down to grab your ass.

You lightly gasp as he massages your butt. He chuckles at your reaction and takes this opportunity to stick his tongue through your parted lips. You let out a soft moan as he deepens the kiss, reckoning a moan from him as well.

Hyunjin slips his hand under the material of your shirt, rubbing against the area of skin right underneath your chest. Your hand moves to the waistline of his pants and you begin fiddling with the button before you hear the sound of footsteps approaching.

Instantly you both pull away, eyes darting to the door before glancing back at each other. Hyunjin looked like a hot mess, hair tousled like he just woke up and lips bright and bruised. You swear you've never seen anything more beautiful.

Unfortunately you didn't have time to marvel at his figure any longer because you had about 5 seconds before your choreographer returned to the room.

You quickly straighten out your top while Hyunjin combs through his hair. Both of you are still breathing hard, but you figured you could just pass it off as exhaustion from dancing.

Miraculously, the choreographer didn't suspect anything, and the practice continued as planned. You were able to dance with even more passion from the pent up tension between you and Hyunjin, and Hyunjin was no longer being shy about touching you.

By the end of practice, the choreographer was well pleased with the both of you and excused you for the day.

As you packed up your things to leave, Hyunjin said goodbye on the way out the door.

"Good practice today, see you at Music Core!" He casually remarked as he approached you.

You turned to wave at him. "See you later!"

Smiling as he passed you, he gives you a wink before gently tapping your ass.

You can't help but chuckle at the cheeky gesture, returning a wink to him as well.

As you exited the building, you felt great. Under normal circumstances, you probably would have had a mental breakdown after getting hot and heavy with another guy. But after reframing your mindset and adopting Yeji's motto of "whatever happens, happens," you feel much more optimistic about the future.

Maybe this would be a one time thing, or maybe you would make out with Hyunjin again sometime. Either way, you were okay with it because you were just having fun. The pressure of feelings was not present, just the exhilaration of attraction and lust. This marked the beginning of a new and improved Y/N, a boss bitch who does what she wants when she wants to, and doesn't get heartbroken by stupid fuckboys. After months of moping around, you finally felt confident in yourself and were excited to see where this adventure would take you.