It's not a Good Idea Blowing Things up in The Chemistry Lab Without Permission

***Warning: this is the original edition of the book and the more recent copy is being updated as you read***

It was a warm and sunny day in Summerview, Ontario as it always was when it wasn't the five treacherous months of winter, where everyone complained about how cold it was and drank too much hot chocolate.

A perfect day for me to do something abnormally stupid. What better place to do it, than in the small confinements of my grade eleven Chemistry class, where my teacher chose to make the poor decision of leaving chemicals in front of me, before turning her back on me and paying attention to some other student, who wasn't their wearing safety goggles.

A little bit of this blue stuff added to a little bit of this red stuff should make purple, I thought, slightly determined to succeed as I poured the vial of the blue chemical into the beaker with the red liquid.

Realization hit me when the concoction that I had created began to bubble.

"Take cover!" I yelled, diving to the ground just as my mixture exploded.

There was a loud bang and my mixture went in every direction, hitting any obstacle in its way, including my teacher.

"Caitlin Saunders, office. Now," my prehistoric teacher snapped, pointing her old, overly wrinkled finger towards the door.

"Again? Ugh, fine," I groaned, leaving the room.

The biology classroom door opened, revealing my best and only friend, Callie Summers.

Callie has been my friend since we were five years old. She had perfect golden locks that was naturally curled in tight ringlets that ended at the bottom over her ribcage. Paired with her wide, Caribbean blue eyes that were always filled with curiosity, she looked like both a model and a five year-old at the same time.

"I heard you blew something up again," she said with an amused look on her face.

"It wasn't my fault this time," I pouted.

"That's what you said the last time. I'm going to guess that you're headed to the office," she laughed.

"Go dissect something, Summers," I said before storming down the hall to the stairwell.

Summerview Secondary School had a total population of 500 students, half of which didn't actually live in Summerview. The two story school had more than enough lockers for each student to have two, though we weren't allowed. The Arts Program was huge here. Almost everyone had some sort of artistic ability. Except for me. Even Callie Summers, the shyest person I know could sing, dance, act and even draw.

My mother had the lead and every musical and my father was able to play the guitar perfectly.

I drew the short end of the straw in my family. I made babies cry and adults cringe if I tried to sing, I broke my ankle during my first dance class, all my drawing looked like abstract road kill and I almost failed grade nine Drama because I couldn't stop laughing. I also broke my first guitar when I was seven and had it in my hands for a total of six minutes and fifteen seconds. All in all, I was never going to get into the Arts Program.

After I gave up on the arts, I tried other things such as French and Technology. As it turns out, I'm the top student in French and I am quiet a computer whiz. My marks were nothing less than a ninety in every subject, with the exception of Chemistry and that was my teacher's fault.

Most of my spare time at school was spent in detention because I had very unfortunate luck of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Granted, my principal couldn't really give me the benefit of the doubt because I did usually get myself into mischievous situations.

Death Boyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें