Chapter-46|Fucking Lily

Start from the beginning

"Riley is looking all over the place for you. She supposedly asked you to bring a pair of sneakers for after the ceremony." He tells me and I remember the pair of sneakers I brought with me, especially for Riley.

"Oh yeah, she did" I slap my forehead for forgetting to give her the change before wandering off to the bar. "She wanted to trade the heels for sneakers."

"Sneakers with a bridesmaid dress? What is she even doing?" Lily's voice filled with disgust interrupts us.

Upon hearing her voice, Gray turns towards her, and genuine surprise flashes over his face as if just noticing her, "Oh, look who we have here." He gives her a small smile and waves at her tauntingly before adding, "Totally didn't see you there... Red."

I smirk at the nickname he uses for her because I can guess the reason behind it.

"Moving on..." I say before looking at Ethan with a wide smile, knowing my next words will break Lily's dream of marrying Ethan. "Can I have the keys to our room, babe?"

And there it is.

I flick my eyes over to Lily just in time to catch the look of absolute shock adorning her feature. I must say, it's a good look on her. A lot better than the Ethan-loving puppy look.

"Our room?" She asks, almost quietly, and I almost start to feel bad for her, but then her next words stomp all over any sympathy I feel. "You better be fucking joking."

"Oh? No one told you?" I ask, feigning innocence. Reaching my hand forward for Ethan to take, I pull him to my side of the bar when he intertwines our fingers. "We are dating." Just to add the exclamation mark to my announcement, I place a kiss on Ethan's lips.

I start to pull back, only planning on pecking his lips, but then he wraps his arm around my waist tightly, pressing me against his chest and deepening the kiss. I smile against his lips before pulling back.

"Really? So, what? You guys are dating now?" Lily fumes, as if I didn't just say the same.

"I think I already said that." I roll my eyes as she crosses her arms, thinking her displeasure is our concern.

"Well, it's been lovely meeting you, but I have to go and be a fairy godmother to my best friend." I tell Lily, with a smile on my face. That smile had absolutely nothing to do with Lily and everything to do with the kiss I shared with Ethan five seconds ago. "So, if you'll excuse me."

I turn to Ethan with a smile intact on my face, "The keys?"

"Do you mind if I come along?" He asked, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Of course not." I say and grab his hand. "Come on."

I turn to Gray before leaving, "You coming?"

"Yeah, of course, I am."

Hoping to not see her face for the rest of the night, I smile at Lily one last time before the three of us turn around and leave to get the sneakers.

Once we're a safe distance away from our little Australian friend, I turn towards Gray with a smirk on my face, "Why did you call her Red?"

He shrugs, "It suits her."

"You didn't remember her name, did you?"

"Oh, for the life of me, I just couldn't recall it." He tells me in a single breath. "Fucking Lily."

Once I pick up Riley's sneakers, I find her in her room, chatting with Noah.

"I come bearing the gift for painless feet." I announce when he opens the door. Elizabeth and her friends stopped gray and Ethan when we crossed their table.