Chapter 7: Mending Process

Start from the beginning

Shadow: So what's your plan here?

Y/n: Well, I could try and save them, but I don't really like Caitlyn and I already paid off my debt to Vi for being the cause of a lot of deaths of people she cares about.

Shadow: You gave her fries.

Y/n: So now you're okay with that?

Shadow: Giving someone fries is not a good way of repaying debts. It's just showing a bit of human decency. Why am I telling you this? Screw it, just leave so that we can get back to burning this place to the ground.

Y/n: Eh, I don't know I'm kind of getting some mixed signals now. Ooh, I know.

I reached into my backpack and pulled out a repurposed Enforcer rifle. I aimed at Vi, who already jumped down a cliff edge hitting a beam on the way down. Caitlyn is still too far behind to see any impact. I fired the rifle causing a small device to become implanted into Vi's leg. The amount of pain, akin to a bee sting.

Y/n: I'll check on them soon. For now, I should go find Silco, and see if he has any jobs for me.

However, I arrived to find an unconscious Sevika and Jinx tying her to a chair. In times like these, I wish I had another cup of coffee. I nearly left the room not really wanting to know what was happening, but I stopped myself and approached the desk with a sigh.

Y/n: Jinx, what's happening here?

Jinx: Oh, hey. I'm just getting answers.

Y/n: You know what? Fair enough, proceed.

I then spun the chair around and brought out my claws to climb up to the rafters so that I can watch the questioning as Sevika slowly began to wake up. The process was sped up by Jinx slapping her across the face, the sound nearly echoing around the room.

Jinx: I feel like you and I got off on the wrong arm.

She reached over and pulled Sevika's blade from the sheathe on her shoulder, tracing the sharp tip across her chest before laying the edge on her right arm.

Jinx: Maybe we should try the other.

Sevika: No need. It's your sister. She's back. She's looking for you. It's not what you think, she's with some girl enforcer. Guess she replaced you.

Jinx: You're lying!

Sevika: Why bother? With her back in town, it's only a matter of time before you implode. Silco finally gets the message you're about as good for our cause as you were for your family. Jinx.

I waited with a smile for her expecting her to explode or something but instead, she began crying. Something else that I still don't quite understand about people is crying and what causes it. Yet, something inside told me to comfort her for some reason. I nearly did before she gave off a fake sneeze as the crying also stopped.

Jinx: Ten out of ten, toots. I think I know just how to deliver that message.

Suddenly, the sight of something large hitting the ground scared them, but more noticeable was the lack of sound as though the only thing to hit the ground was a shadow. The shadow slowly rose and became more human-like by the second.

Y/n: And that's where I'll take my leave, this was entertaining to watch but I have much more pressing issues to attend to. It could be a matter of life or death, goodbye.

I left the building before reaching into my backpack and pulling out a map of Piltover, which rolled itself in revealing the map of Zaun underneath, but it went another layer down and one of the many lights began flashing beneath the fabric.