Olivia's Apple Music Playlists

Olivia Rodrigo Influences
Olivia Rodrigo's debut, SOUR, is the sound of a life spent listening to and absorbing high-grade pop music. "good 4 u" and "1 step forward, 3 steps back" nod directly to Paramore and Taylor Swift, respectively, but other influences are apparent as well. The ghostly harmonies on "favorite crime" recall Lorde's witchy backing choirs, while the guitar crunch of "brutal" harks back to Britpop faves Elastica.

Playlist:
Picture to Burn - Taylor Swift
Misery Business - Paramore
My boy - Billie Ellish
Ribs - Lorde
Disarm - The Smashing Pumpkins
Merry-Go-Round - Mötley Crüe
Slow Burn - Kacey Musgraves
Betty - Taylor Swift
Cry over boys - Alexander 23
I miss you, I'm sorry - Gracie Abrams
Connection - Elastica
Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
He Gets Me So High - beabadoobee
A world alone - Lorde
So far away - Carole king
1979 - the smashing pumpkins

At Home with Olivia Rodrigo Playlist
"I drew a lot of inspiration from this period of my life where I was feeling a lot of heartbreak and a lot of insecurity," Olivia Rodrigo says about making her upcoming debut album SOUR. "I think there's this period of time 16, 17, 18-year-old kids go through where they just feel so incredibly lost and are just angsty for no reason and sad. This album to me is my interpretation of that period of my life that I was going through." The rising singer-songwriter wanted to capture a snapshot of her young adulthood in all its messy and chaotic glory on the album, describing it as "reminiscent of albums like [Alanis Morissette's] Jagged Little Pill." Rodrigo got some much-needed inspiration from listening to other classic '90s alt-rock artists (Elastica, The Smashing Pumpkins), as well as some of today's pop heavy-hitters (Kacey Musgraves, Taylor Swift)—all of which are featured in this exclusive Apple Music playlist curated by Rodrigo herself. "Artists like Kacey and Taylor are using their imagination and are just absolute creatives," she says. "I really look up to artists like that who don't buy into that sort of 'starving artists' narrative. You don't have to always be in pain to write beautiful songs."

Folosm Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
Get Up 10 - Cardi B
Space Cowboy - Kacey Musgraves
Butterflies - Kacey Musgraves
Connection - Elastica
So Far Away - Carole King
Delta Down - Tanya Tucker
Disarm - The Smashing Pumpkins
I'm not mad - Halsey
illicit affairs - Taylor Swift
Out of the woods - Taylor swift
Always do - the kid Laroi
Tights on my boat - the chicks
Want me - Baby Queen
Thinking of you - Katy Perry

Source: Apple Music