14. "Ugh, Go Talk To Her!"

Start from the beginning

I am the one to break our eye contact as I stare down at my textbook and bring my hands up to close it.

"I have to go." I mutter, lifting the textbook from the table and stuffing it into my backpack along with my notebook and writing utensils.

Moon is thrown off by my hurried movements.

"Wait what?" Her question meets my ears.

I quickly zip up my backpack and slip the thick straps over either of my shoulders.

"I forgot that I have a teacher that I really need to talk to before class starts." I lie, retrieving my latte cup from the table and rushing off.

Keeping my eyes straight ahead, I walk past Courtney with an emotionless expression.

As I have been saying all week, 'out of sight, out of mind'.

-

Courtney's POV

My chin rests atop the palm of my hand, my eyes locked on a certain auburn-haired girl.

Her long auburn hair is straightened and flowing over her shoulders. There is a small section of her hair that is pinned behind her slightly excessively pierced cartilage which in turn exposes her numerous piercings.

Her choice of clothing is similar to that of a week ago with the brown-eyed girl being dressed in a black band tee that is partially covered by a black and white flannel, a pair of severely distressed jean shorts, a pair of black fishnet tights, and a pair of black doc marten platform boots.

Her shoulders are relaxed as all of her attention seems to be focused solely on the thick book in her hands, a set of white wire earbuds hanging from her ears.

Seven days, eight hours, thirty minutes, and two seconds.

That's how long I have been thinking about the auburn-haired girl.

She has been on my mind nonstop, even more than usual.

The kiss that we shared seven days ago has been stuck in my mind like a song burned to a disc.

Warm bodies pressed against each other, but plump lips pressed even harder together. Quiet yet desperate moans that were muffled by the other person's lips. Eager hands on a constant mission of curiosity to explore the other's body.

My teeth sink themselves into my cherry-tinted bottom lip just thinking about the events from last Friday.

I do not think that I have ever felt this way about someone before.

I'd let Gillian literally stab me in the back if it meant that I would be able to kiss her again.

I got a taste of her and now I'm addicted.

"God! You look like a lost bunny." Noel comments with obvious irritation.

I will admit that this irritation is probably warranted as whenever I am with him my attention is usually on Gillian if she just so happens to be nearby. If she is not nearby then I am usually distracted as I try to search for her.

Pathetic, I know.

If only my Elementary school self could see me right now.

"Ugh, go talk to her!" He speaks up once more when he notices that I am still staring in Gillian's direction.

"You look pathetic staring at her everyday day and not saying anything."

I break my gaze away from the auburn-haired girl to glare at the athlete who is shoving heaps of food down the black hole he calls his throat.