ten; adore you

"ams did you not get the outfit colour-coordination text in the groupchat this morning?" tia asked as she strolled into the empty classroom in a white tennis skirt and a green ribbed singlet, brushing her hair over her shoulders and looking down at darren and amerie on the floor.

"why are they on the floor?" she asked quinni,

"someone started sex map 2.0." amerie sighed, moving over on the floor so tia could lay down next to her.

"my vote's on your new beau." darren winked, nudging tia and shooting an arm out to catch her before she fell in shock.

she quickly rolled onto her side to look at them, "what are you crackin' on about?"

darren scoffed, "like you don't know what i'm talking about," they rolled their eyes and quinni giggled, "everyone's seen how you and spider have been recently."

tia blinked slowly and looked over to amerie to see if she knew what they were on about, "what, no. i mean we're becoming closer, but it's just like playful flirting and stuff, like me and ant kinda. it's not like he'd actually like me- and i don't think i like him anyway." she laughed, and tried to brush it off.

she wasn't going to admit that there'd been a few times when she'd been with him that she'd felt different, happier.

darren stopped her, as quinni squished in between tia and darren to add something to the underside of the desk. "no. miss tia, what have we said about this talk, you are a fucking goddess and he'd be the luckiest insect in the world to have you."

"spiders are actually only arachnids and not part of the insect species." quinni corrected, as tia grinned and tried to kiss darren on the cheek before quinni could bat her away.

then the other three read what quinni had written on the map and gasped, darren slapped their hand down on quinni's leg. "sorry, what?!" they exclaimed.

"we're in a relationship. obviously." she giggled happily and clicked the cap back on her paintpen.

"after hooking up once?!" darren asked with a laugh.

"that's so textbook lesbian of you!" tia teased, kissing quinni's cheek as amerie sighed and got up to sit on the table.

"well, i am never ending up on that map again." tia followed her up and wrapped an arm around her, "romance is dead to me." she stated, resting her head on tia's shoulder.

"what?" quinni asked as she sat up and hit her head on the desk

"i was in love with dusty for, like- a bajillion years. and for what?" she scoffed, "i just ended up completely humiliated. i'm an idiot."

quinni rubbed her head where she'd hit it, "okay. so 'idiot' is, um, ableist language." she explained.

"yeah, amerie. besides, what's the alternative stitch up ya' moot?" they joked and tia laughed a little.

"yeah, basically. i don't even wanna think about boys or sex or dicks for the next... however long it takes me to feel normal again." amerie stated, shaking her head. "i'm not even gonna maz."

darren and tia both gasped, "that's, like, my worst nightmare."

tia shivered and agreed, "me too, my vibrator's my best friend."

quinni leaned forward, "how does someone not think about sex?" she asked.

"i know, right." tia agreed and amerie scoffed and nodded with her.

"i don't know, i'll just... train myself." amerie decided, "yeah! every time i get a sexy thought, i'll slap myself in the face." she stated, making a point by slapping her cheek.