Chapter 5

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- o -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Louisa's POV

      Yeah, just treat this like another field trip where you camp in this dark scary forest with giant strange creatures around and that may be dangerous.

      I was thinking when Lucas abruptly stopped walking, causing me to bang my head into his back. I turn to the front to see what's caused Lucas to stop walking, but he grabs my arm and pulls me down.

"Lucas?" I asked him.

"Don't Look" he said, which raised my curiosity more.

     I looked and spotted a lifeless body leaning against the tree trunk. Then I found that both of its legs were gone. I quickly look away. Lucas moves closer to the corpse to examine it.

"He's been dead for 9 to 10 hours" he said,

     It's the first person we encounter in this place, but he's no longer alive. I can't help but think about how he died. Wild animals? Wolf? Bear? Then I remember the humanoid giant we saw in the beginning, which gives me goosebumps. Did those giants kill him? Did they eat his legs?

Many questions flooded in my mind when I heard Lucas speak. "Louisa, we need to get out of here as soon as possible," he said.

"Right" I said and looked at the corpse one last time. It must have been so painful for you. This is our first meeting but please accept my deepest condolences.

     I walked closer and held the white flower pin brooch that I brought in the gift store as a souvenir in my pocket. I brought it cause it's cute so I thought of giving it to Cely. I never thought of giving it to a dead person whose name I didn't know as a real flower substitute. I pin it in his cloak and we left to continue our journey in this dark forest.

.

.

.

     We've been walking for at least two or three hours. We didn't find any place to rest since this forest is filled with those strange humanoid giants. Something tells me to run and leave this place before daylight. I don't know if it's gut or instinct so I must follow it. But how? It's like we're walking on thin ice. Trap in this dark forest of giant trees. And never ending walking in this forest of endless possibilities. I'm tired.

     I hold Lucas' hand to signal that I need to stop and rest for a minute. We stop and I lean on the tree trunk to support myself. I glanced at Lucas, I saw that his guards were up. I feel useless, and I sigh in frustration.

.

.

"Louisa, wake up!" I heard someone say and shake my body. I woke up and touched my forehead.

Shit, I napped

"We need to go," he said and reached out his hand. I hold it and stand up.

"Sorry," I said and he nodded.

     I press the button to open the hologram in my headset. So I slept for fifteen minutes. That's when we heard it, we felt on the ground. That stomping sound. As if something big is walking. It gives me shivers.

"Let's run" he only said but I heard the worry in his voice.

     We run hard, forgetting that we're tired and the ache in our feet. Then we saw it, the sunlight. Because it was shrouded by these huge trees, the forest remains dark even in the morning. So my guess is right, they can't move at night.