"you're the only thing keeping me alive right now."

—————

no one's pov

"wait! wait! hold up!"

it was too late.

the bus had already took off without jay, leaving him standing there in the middle of the street while it was pouring. he cursed to himself as he felt the droplets get heavier and faster as he tried to get under a nearby shade, but his legs halted when a horn of a car interrupted him.

he looked back to see a white car, recognizing it as the same vehicle he was held hostage in for a full day. then the drivers door opened, and jay immediately knew it was sunghoon just by his silver hair. he sighed but continued walking to the bus stop to atleast get some cover from the rain, only to get dragged by his hoodie.

"dude, it's pouring. what are you doing out here?"

sunghoon raised an umbrella over the tired guy, glancing at him in concern as they walked back to the car.

"i missed the bus like ten seconds ago. i fucking wake up two minutes late and this is what happens!"

sunghoon opened the door to the passengers side, pushing jay inside with his flooded umbrella. he hopped in the drivers seat and took off from the parked spot, shocking jay because he hadn't even put on his seatbelt yet.

"aren't you scared that this car is going to electrocute you or something? it's made out of electricity."

"i don't think that's how it works."

jay threw the umbrella to the back seat, completely drenching the cushions with rain water, but he couldn't care less since he was trying to stay warm in his thin hoodie. sunghoon noticed jay shivering in the corner of his eyes, so he turned on the heater, specifically warmer on the air vents in the passengers side.

he wasn't that cold, he had a thick leather jacket that was heavy as a rock but it still kept him warm. they awkwardly sat there in silence as they strolled through the city with now ice-like water droplets that worried sunghoon about breaking his windshield.

jay was peacefully leaning his head against the window of his door, fighting to keep his eyes open but he was just too comfortable to stay awake. he allowed himself to doze off, completely unaware that someone was staring at him while waiting at a red light.

sunghoon felt his lips tilt up, driving the opposite way of the the school now that jay had literally fell asleep all comfortably, snuggled up into a jacket(sunghoons) that was hung on the the passenger seat.

"skipping one day wouldn't hurt.. it's a tuesday, nobody likes tuesday."

———————

@sghoon_02 posted a photo.

its better if i don't wake him up bc we're literally in the middle of nowhere

@bluejays