Jacket

Regulus x Fem!Reader

Requested by Anon​

December event

Walking through the snow you sniffled. You'd forgotten your coat and now you regretted it. Well. it wasn't that you forgot it. You had a fine silken dress for one of the Slytherin families' fancy winter balls and rather than cover it up as you'd saved your own money for it, you went without a coat.

Your feet were wet through due to the snow and you had goosebumps all over your skin with each bit of cold that flustered around you. Up ahead you spotted someone in the distance. Squinting you realised it was Regulus.

"Reg! Oh! Regulus!" You called. He paused and turned back to look at you. He was heading towards his cousin's house. He was supposed to be staying there for the holidays. You found out when our letter to him was a day late and your owl returned rather infuriated with you as it deemed your original payment of one treat far too little for the journey.

"What are you doing here?" He asked and smiled at you, holding out his arm so you could use it to steady yourself as you slipped a little.

"I just left the party. Did you?" You asked and gestured behind you to the house. "I don't have my coat and it's freezing!"

"Oh! Here take mine." He said quickly. He stopped you both and put his jacket around your shoulders. "Do you have a way to get home?"

"Oh. We're staying with my aunt. It's not too far. My parents went out to the thing at the Malfoy's so it's just her at home tonight. They won't notice that I've been out until they get back." You said and gratefully put your arms in his coat and curdled your hands up in the sleeves.

"Well, then I'll walk you home." He insisted. The two of you walked arm in arm-through the snow. Regulus' dress robes and your fancy winter gown against the backdrop of old houses made you look like an old-fashioned painting. When you arrived at your aunt's house he insisted that you get inside before he took his jacket back. Your aunt insisted that he have a cup of hot chocolate to take with him on his way home and dried his coat off with his wand.

"Thank you, Regulus." You said with a sweet smile.

"Not a problem! I'll see you soon! We're staying here until the holidays end." He said as he sipped his hot chocolate on the porch.

"Oh. We're only here until the end of the week." You explained. He nodded and glanced out into the dark.

"Well then maybe we could go for a walk before then?" He offered. You smiled and nodded, waving him off as he left.